Tuesday, October 10, 2006
LET'S START PLANNING!
Okay everyone, I know my loving sister helped me become the "unofficial" party planner! I always love a good party! Here's what I need from you (ALL of you!): Who will be here over Christmas and what would work for you for a get-together? Is there anyone that has something that would absolutely not work? I was originally going to plan a get together at my house, but now that O-town has 26 bloggers and counting, I don't think it's big enough unless we do it in the backyard (which would not be ideal) j/k! A little cold at this time of year:) I was thinking I could reserve some space at the church. Or, if someone has a different place to offer, let me know. Would you like to have a get-together with children? Also, I am not the best at organizing as far as considering all the info everyone will give and coordinating it with dates, etc... I would appreciate anyone who would like to volunteer... we could even form a commitee with those in town who would like to get involved!!!!!! Also, anyone from the LMP or anyone who would like to be a part of this is welcome. I will only post on this site, because with the amount of brain cells I've lost I don't think I could handle taking info from multiple sources! So there are my thoughts....please share yours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
39 comments:
I vote for no kids...except nursing babies. :) We can all bring pictures to share of the little ones.
I agree with the no kids; I would love to see everyone's kids, but would prefer to be able to talk and visit with adults instead of chasing my little monsters ("monsters" is a loving word in this sense, and accurate, also!)
I agree, nursing babies are welcome! The church sounds like a great idea. I just interviewed for a part time position and if I get it I'll have a little more time on my hands. If that is the case, than I'd love to help out.
We need to get a list of those who will be attending so we can plan for food, and maybe charge a nominal fee to cover expenses?
carie my dates are on undercover ladies :)
Thoughts by Lucinda......
Location? A church would be good, or this is my thought, let's rent out a cabin somewhere and have the hugest old lady sleepover ever! Depending on location we could plan for all meals and maybe even Go Out To Dinner With My Friends And No Kids! (except nursing babies) Holy cow! Now that would be fun.
Dates? Probably best between Dec 26 and January 1st for me.
Think big ladies, think big!
Kel,
Good point about babysitting options, I for one will be solo, but the fun of planning ahead is hopefully people can make arrangements. If this sounds impossible because you're husband may not be around tell Carie, she'll work something out. Right Carie? =}
Oh I forgot, I can't be there New Years Eve, I'm required to be at our Stake dance that night. Sorry, I guess my window is shorter.
How about December 28th or 29th? Those would probably be the best. I will be here all during the holidays so choose a date and I will be there!
that sounds like so much fun! as far as scheduling the church...double check to see if they'll let you do that for our purposes. they read some letter here that said the church could only be used for church-related stuff and i didn't know if that was everywhere or just our stake. but a cabin would be awesome!! i can't even comprehend the things that might go on ;) as far as me actually BEING there...anyone got a plane ticket!?? hahaha!! unless there is some miracle in the way of $$$ or something like that, i will miss this one, texas is just too far away! if you need help planning for food, my husband is sooo good at planning for groups (chef, remember?), and if you don't mind i will still try to help with ideas! sounds great so far!
i will miss you all..."there's no place like home" this Christmas.
What is this? No Mickey? Tell me it isn't so.
Love everyones ideas! I think renting someplace out is a good thought...w/ everyone who can contributing it shouldn't be a large expense. Also, it should be fairly close because of all the craziness of the holidays. I'm trying to think of something that could accomodate a lot of people. If anyone can think of something local, let me know!
Tyee Hotel anyone???
erika isn't that where we had prom? bad memories with adam gore :)
Erika, I hate to be the one to dispatch the terrible news that they Tyee has been gone for many years now. It is now filled with a Fred Meyer strip mall...sorry!
i was totally joking about the Tyee. That is where we had prom. I didn't go the last year, but it is(was) a nasty place. I vote for the church if it is available. I would rather just pay for the food and stuff.
If we choose a sleepover, maybe a reunion at Coon Lake? Appropriate don't you think? If anyone has been there lately, there are some sweet Dorms there. I wonder if they are heated? That may be too costly depending on numbers. Or maybe there is a discount because of the season. Or is that too far away? (Just throwing out ideas.)
Good ideas everyone!
Let's call the space needle and rent that baby out for a week. Or we could call the people who live in my old house now and see if they'd let us have a sleepover. Or we could secretly camp out at long lake and avoid the police all night. Or we could just go to denny's and eat and talk all night, I'll take the milkshake please. I would just like to spend as much time possible with everyone since that's the whole reason I'd be coming. :)
LOL, Lucinda, you are hilarious!!
now we're talking the space needle! my idea would be somewhere local if possible, i'm a big fan of the sleep overs but wondering where the heck we'd find a place for 20 some people. i think maybe a day or evening doing something fun (a white elephant gift exchange?) then a dinner? we could even just make reservations at a restaurant - save having to make it! just a thought.
Yeah baby! I like to avoid cooking at all costs. Let's go to chuck e cheese, they'd let us rent out a bunch of tables. Ha, just kidding i don't really care for pizza. I agree Sher, I've looked at cabins and inns on the internet and you could probably do ten, but twenty is hard to accomodate. Keep firing up the thinker everyone!
I'm thinking we're making this harder than it is. Let's do a day thing, go to lunch, maye do some shopping, pedicures anyone?
that is honestly a great idea, pedicures sound like heaven to me :) and i agree, let's not make it harder than it has to be...do something simple!
Okay, let me see if I get the picture and give you my take... Let's nix the sleepover...too difficult to plan, find a place, etc... Instead, let's all get together in a place we can talk, mingle, share pics?, and be as crazy as we want. If we don't want to cook, we can order food or eat out, but I think it will be difficult to find a place that will fit us all comfortably and give us room to talk and float around. Does anyone up north (Tacoma, Seattle...) know of a place that would accomodate a huge group? There's got to be one...somewhere. Lacey/Oly is not a place to brag about for restaurants; but we do have a chuck e cheese, Lu:) Let's think hard, but not make it too hard! If anything, I will pack you into my house, we'll eat, and talk as much as we want! Keep going with your comments, ladies! Oh, and there's still a lot of people I'm waiting to hear from!!! Also, I'm kinda gathering that this will be a girl thing...correct?
Hey everyone if we do it the 28th or 29th and my husband has the kids at Grandmas we could have a sleepover at my house. I am just north of Seattle a little. We could spend some time in seattle and crash back at my place!! An idea. Let me know!!
Seattle, Tacoma, Lacey, I'm up for anything. Let's go to Stevens Pass and go inner tubing, it's December, right? Haha I'd so push you all into the snow. Oh, and hot chocolate!
Ahhhhh mannn..... I really wish I could be there! I will definately leave my options open but we have so much going on in December. Including moving to who know's where....LOL Maybe We'll move to Seattle! So I'll keep ya'll posted for now.
Hello, I have a really big living room. Could even work for a sleep over. But it all depends on when these babies are born. If they are born by mid Nov. then it could work. And I would be at home with all of there stuff, but all depends on when they are born. Plan whatever and where ever. I will make it if I can.
You are even more amazing than I thought Chanda!! I can't believe you are volunteering your house with brand new twin babies!! I too have a house is Lacey that would work. And our living room is even empty because we can't afford furniture for that room yet.
Hey, I have a clubhouse in my neighborhood we could use. It's on black lake, and it is inexpensive to rent (I think it is $150/deposit and maybe $25 to rent, and the deposit is returned afterward if there is no damage). It's pretty good sized and can certainly hold us all, especially if it's just us girls! My hubby is on the community association board so I can have him see if we can reserve the clubhouse for one of those nights.
You better not let me and Erika come if you want your deposit back.
=]
Sorry to break the news to you Lucinda, but I am now old and boring. Hopefully I will get some energy back after I deliver this baby that has taken over my body! That is a great idea Carolyn, see if your husband can work some magic.
ya, I think Carolyn's idea is the best so far. Check into that one.
Old and boring eh? We'll see about that Enick. All I know is I want to squeeze you lady!
I agree Carolyn's idea sounds best.
Carolyn, great idea. How about the evening of the 27th (wed), from like 6:30 or 7:00 until..............
How does that sound? We could have everyone bring something...big ol' eating and gabbing fest! Does it have adequate room, seating?
P.S This blog takes the cake for comments!!
How about heating? How is the heating in the clubhouse?
Ok, the clubhouse is heated, and even has a great big fireplace if I'm remembering right (haven't been there for a while). There are plenty of tables and chairs there for us to use (this is where our neighborhood meetings are held and last time I think there were 50 or so people there so I know it can acommodate us all).
I'll have Dave check in to renting it out for us tonight and I'll post whether or not that night is available. (hope hope!)
Hold off for a little before we try to get the clubhouse reserved. I still want to get it if we can, but i think there is still some uncertainty of the day.
Post a Comment