


Hello ladies...this is Keri B., used to be Keri U. This past Saturday, my husband Dave and I finished our SCUBA training and are now officially certified SCUBA divers! The class has been fun...I was terrified at first! I will miss the Thursday night "dates" that we have had the past 2 months during our classes. Now, we just need to graduate and get a good job so we can afford to go somewhere really exotic to dive. If you have never tried it, I recommend it to anyone and everyone. Except the pregnant ladies...you will have to wait till the baby comes. :)
13 comments:
Keri, how's it going lady? How's my old efy roommate? Where are you? I'll have to tell Tammy you posted. Looks like fun, doesn't seem to be any sharks in that water you're in, but I have to say you're brave cuz I'm anti slime.
You're an example of trying new things even w/ having kids and getting older! I don't want to get in a rut where I am bored with myself and not willing to get out there and do the things I want. You are an inspiration! Looks fun!
Awesome Keri! That sounds like fun, but a little scary! You are brave!! Great to hear from you!!
I always thought that that would be fun! However, also super scary--as I am afraid of being under water for lengthy periods of time and also closterphobic? and also... Everything! Just kidding! Funny how I have watched Fear Factor before and I am afraid of everything! So you go girl! Oh, and also you and Dave are super cute!
Lucinda- Tammy found me on myspace, so I have talked with her on there recently. And just so that everyone knows, I was so terrified of scuba diving, Dave had to really talk me into it! The first week we were under the water I was so scared...I am amazed at myself that last Saturday I actually went 40 feet deep under for over 30 minutes! It is so fun now, I want to go to Hawaii!
My uncle is coming out here to Hawaii in March and said he would give me a mini lesson...it looks like fun.
I think my field bio class went to that pond...I have a picture just like the one of you and your husband.
Yeah, I called her and she said the same thing, I'm kind of freaked about myspace so I don't go on there. It is exhilerating to overcome a fear like deep water. I remember doing an 80 foot dead drop off of a tower, I could barely climb the staircase and my knees were week as I went to the edge, but I did it over and over. Woohoo!
that would be WEAK. I was multi-tasking.
way to go keri! and i have to agree with everyone else that you are brave...but a great example to us to conquer our fears!! hahaha, yeah right, like i'd scuba dive:) did you see jaws I, II, and III??? hmmm????? there ya go. i'll bungee jump, how's that? white water raft, i could do that too, no man eating anything there. but, you guys look very happy doing that, so i'm glad you like it!
angela--claustrophobic (it looked like you were asking)--totally!! i got into this tiny elevator (if you want to call it that) with my mom the other day...not a good thing. i just knew i'd get stuck and have no way out, and have no air...needless to say, someone else took her back up the so-called elevator!!
Joy- we were at Belmont Springs in Plymouth Utah, also known as the middle of nowhere!
looks like a lot of fun. i'm not a big water person like lu but i do like to snorkel whenever we're in mexico where the water is clear and beautiful. but i don't go too far from the shore and never deep down cause i'd probably hyperventilate! so i admire your courage to scuba dive - something i'll most likely never do.
Jen, what is your email? I love white water rafting. We have some awesome rivers here in Idaho and I love going. Last time I went this summer I got knocked out on the biggest ditch (there wasn't much I could do, the raft veered at the last second and I got swallowed by a huge wall of whitewater.), it was so amazing. A little odd at the time, I couldn't breathe for awhile but I made it through! Woohoo! Bring it on!
my email is jbryner@spheris.com...i have yours here, i just keep forgetting to put it into my other computer! email anytime, i'm pretty much always on (that is so sad).
Post a Comment