Saturday, October 07, 2006

Happy 29th, Carie!

Hope you had a wonderful day, my friend. Here are my thirty memories of you!

1. "We found civilization!"
2. Dan S.
3. long walks
4. burning brownies at Ricks, and still eating them.
5. the first time Craig asked you to dance
6. comparing bellies :)
7. our own "romance novels" written at Brytteva's
8. trips to Gresham
9. prank calls
10. Celine Dion's "To Love You More"
11. getting ready for dances at your house - you had the best mirror!
12. your being there for me after my big heartbreak at BYU
13. when that one crazy guy broke into your bedroom at Ricks! what was his name???
14. co-conductors of our stake orchestra
15. trips to Oregon & the outlets for school clothes in the white civic!
16. your wedding day - you were so beautiful!
17. pretzel-making
18. the movie "Now & Then"
19. chips & salsa
20. the aforementioned Mackey incident at your house
21. violin duets in church
22. "it's our faces!"
23. my perfect baby shower
24. long talks
25. otis spunkmeyer cookies
26. our bonding over mother-in-laws at University Village :)
27. trading clothes
28. your great advice on marriage/honeymoons, grad school, breastfeeding, yada yada yada
29. double dates
30. you taking me into the MTC

I love you, Carie! You've been such a great friend for what seems like forever! Happy Birthday, babe!

4 comments:

CBlount said...

Michelle, I couldn't wait until it was MY 29th birthday so I could get a list! I love it...i think you remember much more than i do, and I thank you for bringing so much of it back. Especially the comparing bellies thing:) After we wrote our "stories" at Brytteva's, didn't we tear them up in a million pieces? I hope so...the other alternative is that they are floating out there somewhere with who knows? SCARY! Anyways, I love you! I have so many great memories with you and more to come!

LucindaF said...

Awesome memories Mickey and Carie, I missed so much of it. Happy belated birthday Carie, I've been ill and didn't check yesterday. Love you!

Michelle said...

yeah lucinda, so sorry about strep! ychh. that's the worst. hope you get better soon!

sherrie said...

carie how about this one: peter cetera. i just thought of that and how we were so excited to go (heather and gretchen too) we had some good times at ricks, you were quite the little home maker. i knew right where to go when i needed some home baked goodness :)