Saturday, September 09, 2006

My Memories

Here are some of my memories.
1. The roadshows- Modern Version of Cinderella?? I just remember dancing and mice.
2. Framing Mollie and Melissa as the TP Queens- and Tping the Ingrams (Getting pulled over by a cop at 3:00 am, while doing it, in our little two seater blue Datsun truck (with Celestia, Liz, me, Angi, and Keri Urvina in the truck) and convincing him what good kids we were)
3. Joint Activities- Like being paired with a boy for Picnic Lunches, Lip Syncing, Millersylvania, nights at "Volleyball," Ocean Shores, the Service Christmas Activity, what else?
4. Bronwyn being in love with Jared Mackey and then Danny Devine- and her holding on to them for hours- so cute!
5. Church Dances- all I have to say Chanda is "the spot," loving "Jeans Dances", always going to McDonalds afterward, songs like "I Would Walk 500 miles...," "YMCA," etc.
6. Friday Night Football Games- stopping at red lights and jumping out of Sterling's car and switching seats, what was that called?? Chinese Fire Drill??
7. Being in Love with Jared Mackey, Derek McClellan, Ryan Mace, Ryan Rutledge, Jacob Ingram, Sterling Ingram, Dan Burton, Matt Smith, Rico Rough (remember him Chanda?), David Green (who Elizabeth ended up getting her first kiss with), (who am I forgetting?)-- sometimes more than one at a time-- and all the code names we had for them
8. Swimming at Long Lake Swim Area
9. TPing the Brunsons with Sis. McClellan, I think after the Roadshow Party.
10. Seminary- driving to with Melissa, Mollie in the bathroom, my horn honking non-stop because it was broken and getting yelled at, racing Austin to school
11. Going to School Dances- Homecoming as a group- eating at the Warrens, Prom after party's at the Burtons
12. Rollerblading at the Capital and the heated bench
13. Jacob's long hair and the day he came to school with it cut
14. Writing on the Ingram's garage ceiling
15. Writing in each other's yearbooks
16. TPing Angi's house with Dan and crew to answer her to a dance and being chased down the back of her backyard by her neighbors, in rollerblades-very scary!
What good times!

10 comments:

Elizabeth C said...

Totally good times! I remember all of these and it brought back some fabulous memories! Thanks for the blast from the blast Ang! :) Loved it!

Elizabeth C said...

opps i mean blast from the PAST!

CBlount said...

Does anyone ever hear "Lady in Red" anymore? That's a classic church dance song. I remember Brytteva and I sending telepathic messages to Dan Sibbett, silently hoping, begging, and willing that he would ask one of us to dance! HOW PATHETIC! The reason he probably ever asked either one of us was 'cause we were staring so hard at him that if he made any eye contact, he was practically forced to dance! I also remember that the first question any guy asked on the dance floor was, "So...do you play any sports?" Now, that is a great conversation starter! I also remember "alternative" music. Most of us would cling to the wall during these "wierd" songs and watch the "wierd" dances. Who woulda thunk "alternative" would ever be so big!

Some other songs I associate with dances:

- "Everything I do, I Do it For You"

- "Everybody Dance Now"

- "500 Miles"

*there's probably a lot more, so refresh my memory!

enickel said...

Kelly, I totally remember doing that at the end (middle) of that song. Classic!

Angela said...

Oh that is hilarious Kelly! Also yes, I was in love with everyone, and a different person everyday. And I forgot some too, like Tom Sibbett, Alex Garcia, etc. All I have to say is thank goodness He doesn't answer our prayers the way we want him to when we are teenagers!!! I remember everytime "Lady in Red" was on, I thought I was so cool, if I was wearing red.

Anonymous said...

Those Sibbett boys...I remember Jenny and I were in love with Kimo!

Autumn said...

I remember that roadshow. In fact I was one of the 3 blind mice. That was so fun!!

Chanda said...

Hey, Angela. I do remember the spot situation you had at one dance. And yes I do remember Rico. Wonder what ever happened to him? The thing I remember the most from that roadshow was that ryan was the director or something and one time while in the over flow, he punched the divider wall and cut his hand because he was frustrated that he could get all of our attention.

Chanda said...

that is, could not get all of our attention

sherrie said...

chanda, i so remember that with ryan punching the wall...he was always doing that, erika the roadshow remember we were the go-go dancers? sweet!