HA! Autumn, I remember that time you guys surprised us on your roof with the hose...we were slowly sneaking up to your house when Shad suddenly realized that your sensor lights didn't turn on when we got close, and he figured something was up. Right about then you guys started spraying us with the hose, but we ran over and yanked it off the roof and you were all stuck up there. Wasn't Mollie up there too and Chanda? That was hilarious.
It's funny how much we prided ourselves with our toilet papering ability, when in reality we got caught or otherwise foiled so many times... My van would normally be packed with most of the YM, as well as several dozen rolls of normal toilet paper, another 6 or 7 rolls of "industrial strength" TP (it lasted twice as long!) that we'd have Austin "borrow" from any outhouses we'd pass along the way, and a couple of large garbage bags of shredded newspapers that we'd tear up at our house while watching Beavis and Butthead.
One time we were going to get Lucinda's house, and like and idiot I drove up into their driveway with my lights off. The next thing I knew there was a man on the porch in his underwear pointing a rifle at me! You'll remember my big white van, which in hindsight is probably similar to the vans that child abductors all over the country drive. All the guys started yelling and freaking out, and screaming at me to drive away. Derek was actually in the front passenger seat, and while everyone else was yelling at me to drive away, he was yelling at me to not drive cause we were going to get shot. So then Derek slowly opens his door and peeks his head out with his hands in the air and says..."Brother Dewitt?" Lucinda's dad suddenly lowered the rifle and yells, "DEREK?!?" So we didn't TP Lucinda's house that night.
Another time, probably the most classic time we got caught, was when we went to TP the Chandler's. We normally targeted them and the Browns and Melissa because their houses seemed to be the easiest to get. The previous time we had TP'd Bishop Chandlers house we had pasted dog biscuits with peanut butter to their car windows and I think on their garage windows. So this time, we were coming back to do it again. We parked in our normal spot down the road and were all slowly walking up to the house. We always checked things out before we started to make sure nobody was awake (one time at the Browns we saw Mollie was laying on the couch but we could tell she was awake still. We waited till it looked like she was asleep and then TP'd the house...I think I may even have a picture of her that we took from outside).
Ryan was ahead of us in the Chandler's driveway, looking through the garage windows. He turned around and started to tell us he thought someone might be there, when all of a sudden Bishop Chandler throws up the garage door, all the lights come on, and he starts blarring loud music! This was like way past midnight. Man we were so surprised. He had the biggest smile on his face, and (I'm sorry I don't remember her name) Kelly and Carrie's little sister was there with this big old smirk too. Bishop made us go downstairs and watch a conference talk video on being mischievious or something like that. Then he took us back up the garage where the music was still going. He had this big plate of pastires or donuts or something, but there was also a plate with peanut butter-covered dog biscuits. He said the only way we could have the pastries was to eat one of the dog biscuits, which I think we all did.
Bishop Chandler remains an icon in my mind to this day for that. I was very impressed.
I've got loads more memories I'll put out too when I have a chance.
Saturday, September 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Sterling, I was just telling my friend about this last night! It remains a classic! I remember sitting up late w/ my parents, Kelly...was anyone else there plotting with us? My dad always thought of the best plans! I remember anticipating the arrival of the "kidnapper van"...you couldn't miss that thing. I forgot about the conference talk part...that definitely sounds like my dad! He has the best sense of humor. (it's a little corny sometimes, too). Thanks for refreshing my memories of that night. I love to be reminded of things that are a little fuzzy now; and kelly, I remember many sat. and sun. mornings, getting woken early by dad telling us to go clean up the yard...not fun!
On, my sisters name is Jamie.
i remember getting caught once...don't remember all the accomplices (dustin and shad were there for sure). but we didn't just get caught, we got searched by the police. patted down and all - in fact i think that may have happened more than once...
Just for the record Kelly, they did TP us (I can't believe I am admitting that). However, we cleaned it all up before 6 am, when they did a shocked drive by! Do you have pictures of that job Sterling? I would love to see those or even have a copy. Maybe you could even post all your TP pictures someday. Also, what is that conference talk? In case my husband and I need to use that someday, since I will have 4 teenage daughters at once! Scary! :)
Love it!! Our house was a pain to clean up after a tp. We had the hugr trees in the front. My dad even crafted a special stick to get the toilet paper down. Do you know you can get fines for tp-ing now!! What is this world coming to.
The trick was to get you good (how were the dog bisquits?) but at the same time leave you in such wonder that you would be ashamed to come back again. Confiscating all your paper goods helped too.
And for the record, the one I ate to show you the way, it was a graham cracker in the shape of a dog bisquit. The ones you all ate were genuine doggie treats.
Revenge is sweet!
I think you found this out, but the reason we knew you guys were coming was Jacob told Kelly and Kelly told us. We waited on the roof for probably 2 hours. We thought we were so prepared with unscrewing the sensor lights.
ahhh that is a great story!
I have to confirm what Chanda said, it was Kelly that called us because Jake had told her. Thanks for your loyalty to the girls side Kelly! Even if they turned around and caught us, I will never forget how fun it was to see them running scared!
Post a Comment