Friday, September 15, 2006

Hello from Rexburg!
















Hi everyone! It has been fun reading about what you all are up to and all the babies you are having! I am Keri (urvina) Button, for those who don't know me. I was usually tagging along with Angela.
To catch you up on me, after I graduated in 97, I went to Ricks College where I met my husband, Dave. We were married in 1999 and moved to Yakima WA, where he is from. Our daughter Kelsi was born in July 2001 (she just started Kindergarten!!) and our son Andrew was born in December 2004. Soon after Andrew was born, Dave decided he didnt' like what he was doing for his career, so last August we moved back to Rexburg so that he could get a different degree. I decided to go back to school too! We will both graduate next December. We are super busy since we are both in school full time and have two little kids! I am also in the Relief Society Presidency and that takes a lot of time as well. We hope to move back to Washington when we are done with school. Dave and I also just started a scuba certification class...have any of you done that? It is so fun!!
**Mollie- do you remember the RA's at the guy dorms? Jonathan and Mike? Mike became a cop here in Rexburg and his son was in Kelsi's preschool class last year. Small world!

I loved reading about that time we got stuck at the Warren's house, I had forgotten about that, though I don't know how. That was the worst day for me!

7 comments:

jen bryner said...

keri!!! i am so glad you are on here!! i was just looking at a picture of you with angela and joy and wondering what the heck you were up to these days:) VERY cute kids;) so you're up in rexburg huh? we just moved down to texas AGAIN from logan...i really miss the weather up there! what is your email address? i will send you a copy of that picture! later-

Joy said...

Keri your kids are beutiful. So back in Rexburg eh? I envy you...I have been wanting to finish my schooling but am scared to do independent study. Someday...
How is Ricks now, sorry I mean BYU Idaho? Is it really different?

Angela said...

Hey there chica bonita! So glad you got on here. Loved the pics of your cuties! Congrats on going back to school, that is so awesome! Good for you. Like Joy, I am a little scared of Independent Study but maybe when I don't have my hands full so much. Anyway, good to hear about you!

Elizabeth C said...

Hey Keri, I'm glad that you joined! Your kids are so stinkin cute! Sounds like you all are doing well. :)

Keri_B said...

Hi girls! This is so fun to catch up and hear about everyone! My email in button_keri@yahoo.com. I would love any old photos...I am sure they are lovely!!
Rexburg is still freezing cold, but I getting used to it. It has grown so much since we were here before. And school is so hard...at least once a week I wonder why I am doing it..but I will be so glad when I am done!

Mollie said...

Keri! We had such adventures in rexburg! I totally remember those RA's! I can totally see Mike as a cop! Hilarious! Didn't we fork a message outside of Jonathan's window? Hey, is Barf still there? Hahahaha! I remember we used to drive a half an hour just for a Taco Bell! I hope that the city has grown with the college! ;) My mind is flooding with memories! Do you remember on Halloween how Shad and the guys put a deer head on our porch, knocked and hid! We thought it was a donkey head and were freaked! Then they jumped out and scared the kajeebees out of us! I think we should create a post for everyone's memories of rexburg! Your kids are darling! So glad to have you join!

Keri_B said...

Mollie!! No Barf sightings lately, last I heard he was living in Logan and had finally gotten married. He mailed me an announcement to make me jealous...did not work!! Rexburg is growing a lot, Craigos just moved closer to Walmart actually into a way nicer restaurant. They are trying to be all fancy. Same good breadsticks though. I just sent Dave out to get me some!