Lets see...I went to Ricks for 2 years and graduated in 2000. I then moved down to Provo with the intentions of transfering to BYU but fortunatly for me Zac Turner asked me to marry him and off we went to Medical School in Maryland. He attended the Military Medical School until May of last year when he graduated. While in Maryland we had Anne(4) and Andrew(2). We are now in Hawaii where Zac is doing his Pediatric Residency at Tripler Hospital. I am busy with
both the kids and my church calling. I think someone wanted to know what we were all doing in the church...well as of a month ago I was called to be the Primary President...ahhhh! I am a bit overwelmed at the moment but things are slowly coming together. Let me just say that I will never and I mean never complain about another church leader...I had no idea what it takes. Anyway we don't see Zac much because he of work but we are trying to make the most of living here - so the kids and I take off to the beaches and parks as much as possible. It is nice to have the kids in swim lessons year round. If anyone makes it out my way stop and say hi.
16 comments:
joy! so glad you finally made it! great picture too, you all look so cute:) very colorful! i'll 'see' you around:)!! oh, and let me know how being primary president is going...sounds FUN!
Wow, how awesome that you are the Primary President. That should be a very spiritually growing experience. And we all wish we could make it out there to see you (and Hawaii too, of course)!
I think the last time I saw you was when you were pregnant with your daughter. You were shopping at "Motherhood" in the Tacoma mall. I love her name by the way! Glad to see that you have joined us.
how many times have you been called to work in the primary? right now i teach the 6 and 7 year olds and i LOVE it!! (i forgot to add that to my update). it seems that once you get called to the primary, you never leave it! i've been the secretary before but not president! you will be great, you've always been good with kids. speaking of...who was that family we babysat for whose kids would freak out if you told them the "____" was going to get them?? my mind is blanking on what it was they were afraid of.
Cute family!! I am jealous I would love to live in Hawaii. I am such a beach bum at heart.
Joy, wow it has been a long time. Your kids are so cute. I have actually been to Tripler many times. I nannied for a family whose mom was a doctor at Tripler. I am so jealous, you are close to where my family used to live. We were on Scoffield Barracks. I love it there, but it is hard when your family lives so far away and it is so expensive to fly to the mainland to visit. How much longer will you guys be there?
Joy, along with a few other Lacey alumni, Michelle and Kami (where are you Kami???) are all Primary Presidents! Maybe you guys could share ideas. I am a counselor in the Primary and love it, but always tell myself I never would want to be president...it's such a big job! It's nice to know that Lacey has produced such great leaders! Joy, I talk to Marci a lot, so I get updates. From one medical wife to another all i can say is...I'm so sorry! It's so hard as it is, but having your husband in the military AND living on an island i'm sure it's trying. When do you ever find time to do all you do AND your calling? You're amazing!
Hawaii?! What fun! Your family is beautiful! Primary is a blast, you will do a great job! How old are your kiddos now?
i guess i didn't realize you married good ol' zac, that's great. hawaii...must be nice!
Lets see here...we will be here in Hawaii for three years so we only have about 2 years left(not that I am counting down the days or anything). Anne is 4 going on 15 and Andrew is 2. Both are good but busy kids. I am lucky. Sorry Jen I can't remember who you are talking about...I have forgotten so much!
What a beautiful family Joy! Hawaii must be a fun place to live!
HI Joy! It is so good to hear from you and see a pic of your cute cute family! You all look like you are so happy! Traci told me Havalah and Brigg are engaged, how fun! Another sister sister brother brother Romance! Hope all is going well!
Yes, the picture was at Dan's wedding. It was a party theme and probably the most fun I've ever had at a wedding reception. My kids even had fun...I will have to post a picture of Dan and his wife Brittany. they are so cute together. Hawaii is ok. I think I am getting used to being hot all the time, sort of. I only wish I could get off the island during you all's winter. I miss my sweaters...
As for Primary President...I am slowly getting used to that too. We just got all of our parts assigned for our primary progran coming up. Luckly I have great counselors and I am learning to delegate, I have never been good at that. I would rather just do things myself but Zac keeps telling me I can't do everything, why not?
If any of you have great ideas for Primary...please pass them my way.
that's ok since i can't remember either! we were only 15...12 years ago..aauuuughhhh! unbelieveable. oh well. do you remember going to see 'little women' in the theater with carolyn? we cried through the whole thing! i still cry when i watch it!! primary is so fun, i love it! what sorts of ideas are you looking for?
Hi Joy! Your kids are adorable! Your little girl looks just like a Burton! Hey, how is Anjuli doing these days? What is she up to?
What Havalah and Brigg are finally engaged?? Is that official??
Post a Comment