...who doesn't like being pregnant? Okay, first, my disclaimer! I am thrilled to be having our 3rd baby! I know I am blessed when it comes to having kids...I concieve easily, I have uneventful pregnancies and I don't even mind that my kids have to come via c-section. So many women have it worse than I do, but can I still complain a little?
I just don't do pregnancy very well. If its not one symptom its another! I feel sick if I don't eat, I feel sick if I do eat and a lot of nights I loose track of how many times I have to go to the bathroom! I can't even brush my teeth lately without gagging. One sniff of something unpleasant and I almost lose it. And I don't know what it is this time but I have never been so tired in my life. My poor kids have watched a lot of movies lately while I fall asleep on the living room floor because I just can't function! I wasn't so exhausted with my first two pregnancies.
So, please, make me feel better and tell me I'm not alone!
Oh, and by the way, I'm about 12 weeks now...due in April. But since I have c-sections, baby will be born at the end of March.
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Evelyn,
I am going to jump on your bandwagon. My problem is not that I have a problem getting pregnant, it is that I have a problem not getting pregnant. And though I would rather have the problem I have, it is very exhausting. I get so exhausted too with my pregnancies and my kids end up watching too much T.V. as I sleep on the living room floor, (during my pregnancies), and then I feel like a bad Mom! Anyway, I think the problem is our bodies are tired from having babies so fast and tired from chasing those other babies around. Anyway, I totally know where you are coming from. I love being pregnant and feeling my baby moving inside me but I hate not being myself.
Evelyn...
I don't like the nausea of being pregnant, I can relate with the toothbrush thing...I love taking care of my teeth usually, but yes I too gag when I am brushing my teeth while I am pregnant! But I suffer through it! I have found that different toothpastes are easier on me, like milder ones. And the tired thing rings a bell too. Stretch marks...Puking...do I need to elaborate? But I love feeling the baby inside of me and kicking too.
I'm definitely with you, Evelyn! I guess the greatest blessings come with the hardest sacrifices!! I don't like mostly everything...pains, nausea, more pains, not sleeping for about 5 out of 9 months, and on the selfish side...i don't like having to work so hard to get my body back! Oh, and I HATE how big it makes my you-know-what's!! Congratulations!
Congrats on your pregnancy. I am one of the lucky ones that has a pretty uneventful pregnancy until the last two months when I am so uncomfortable. I have 8 weeks left with my fifth and boy is my body old and run down! Taking care of the other four and the house is a tough job, but luckily I do have a good husband and family nearby that help out. An afternoon on the couch can do wonders!
Evy,
I must be honest and say that i do not like being pregnant at all. But I see it as the neccessary evil to be endured so that you can recieve one of the funnest, most precious gifts God can give us. As soon as you see that child's face, you forget about all the not so glorious parts of pregnancy and don't look back until it's part of your life again. I just try and forget all about it and move on to all the fun of having a bigger family! I am sooooo sorry for where you are at right now, but after the trial all the blessings await!
Carie, you are totally right! LOL! I HATE how big it makes my you-know-what's get too!! And all the old nasty men that stare at me, when that happens! EWWW!!!! That totally stinks!
i have always said that i would rather go through labor and delivery than pregnancy! most people don't understand at all...but those who get sick and have pain know exactly what i mean! i was sick nine months straight. i took zofran for the last 4 months but if i missed it or, like you, got a whiff of something gross (bbq seemed gross at the time) i would totally lose it. it drained me COMPLETELY. the doc said the good thing was that the baby was ok, i was the one suffering (woohoo, lucky me!). still, it was reassuring to know the baby was alright! so, don't feel alone. i agree with mollie too, the babies are SUCH a blessing and when you look at them the first time and realize how new they are and how they just left their first home to come to you, it all seems worthwhile. we'd all stop after one if it wasn't so wonderful once they were born!! hang in there and remember you have all of us to vent to! ;)
I think its harder in the beginning when you don't have anything to show for all the nasty symptoms. I don't look pregnant, I can still lay on my stomach and I can't feel the baby yet. So its like I'm just sick!
But thanks for the support! I always feel like I must be the only one who dreads the 9 (10) months!
I think the men should have a turn...just kidding! I am right with you on that one Evelyn. But I agree with Mollie. The whole 10 months stink but when you get to hold that little one it sort of makes it all worth it.
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who would rather go through labor than deal with constant nausea, At least with labor, you know it will end soon and there is a miracle at the end. For the first four months of my pregnancy, my nausea is so bad, that I can't swallow my spit or I will throw up. So I have to spit every five seconds. I have to carry a spit-rag around everywhere I go. I swear the teller at the bank was terrified because I had a towel over my mouth when I was waiting in line, she was so relieved when it turned out I didn't want to rob the bank. At home I have a bucket because I throw up so much. At least this time the throwing up only got up to two times a day, last time it was three times a day at the worst of it. This time I counted the days until I was 16 weeks along when my nausea would stop and now I am almost 18 weeks and it seems to be ending finally. Now I can finally contribute to the blog, being on the computer makes my nausea worse. Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to vent, I feel much better now.
Post a Comment