Monday, September 11, 2006

My favorite getting caught story is...

This one goes down in my personal book of remebrance as a certified classic story. Heather and Gretchen - I know you guys are out there watching, you'll chuckle at this one for sure. Heather, Gretchen and I were desperately in love with Jarom Schoenfeldt for many a year as many of you know already.

Well one day we decided to do a "drive by" at the Schoenfeldt home out in Olympia. We were driving down the street that leads to their home and slowed down the car and looked to see if we could see anything (meaning Jarom) but we didn't. So instead of driving way down the road to turn around we decided to just turn the car around in their driveway. (I believe Heather was driving as usual) And just as we pulled in the long gravel driveway where there was no escape....Jarom pulls in behind us. We had no way out and we all just looked at each other like, "Oh crap!"

So there we were making up a great b.s. story about how we came to visit his sister (I spaced her name) and we were invited in the home. So incredibly awkward and stressful we didn't fully recooperate for days. In fact Gretchen had to drive home because Heather was so shaken...but Gretchen wasn't much better. She pulled out onto a busy one way down town street the.wrong.way! We were screaming, yelling, laughing, as we almost died that day, both literally and emotionally. Funny times :)

5 comments:

CBlount said...

Sherrie, i remember being in their house one time; i think it was in the winter. I think it was with you, Heather, Gretchen. Do you remember? Oh, yeah, and remember the time Jarom and you went to a dance and doubled with Craig and I (Sadies or Tolo?). They had gone skiing in the day and got back really late. I remember that Jarom didn't talk much.

enickel said...

I remember being with you and Craig at a dance at North Thurston. Jarom said about 3 words and wasn't much of a date. It just goes to show that our weird crushes in HS were usually not someone we would have even considered later in life, or once we got to know them better! I saw Jarom on a flight from Utah to WA about two kids ago and I hardly recognized him. He was still quiet and was with his girlfriend on his way home from Las Vegas.

Anonymous said...

i can so see that happening...especially gretchen pulling out in one-way traffic laughing and screaming...so hilarious..what was with the boy-drive by's anyway?? is it the insane girl in us?

sherrie said...

yeah jarom wasn't a man of many words, but i was so obsessed with him that it didn't matter. i remember going to that dance carie, it was sadie's. we had olive green burton t-shirts - he looked hot but that was about it for him. not much more when you got to know him. erika remember seminary with him? i think it was our senior year and i was STILL in love with him although i never admitted it until just now...

Michelle said...

sherrie, this story is great. i am so glad i wasn't the only obsessive drive-by-er.