First off, let me say how awesome it has been to catch up with everyone and their lives, and to relive so many great memories! This has turned out to be greater than we could have imagined. Now that we are 21 members strong, I thought it would be a great time to set up a few ground rules to keep the blog as fun a place as it already is…
1. From this point on, only women will be invited to join as “posters” to the blog. However, ANYONE is welcomed and even encouraged to leave comments on any of the posts. We really owe Sherrie the credit for trying to bring us all together through blogging, and then we birthed the idea of “Ladies of O-Town.” When first created, the blog was intended for lady “posters” only. The idea behind this is that we can relive some of our craziest memories while also relating to one another in our new roles as women, mothers, wives, etc. Now, I have sneaked a couple of our guys on here as “posters.” I realize this was violating the title, however, I figured Sterling & Shad, who are alone out there serving our country, could use a way to communicate with someone, so I see them as exceptions. However, from this point forward we will stay true to the title of “Ladies” and invite only women to join. (If anyone would like to start their own “Men of O-Town” or “Mormon Posse” blog to involve more people in posting, that would be great! In the meantime, please let me know of any more ladies that you would like to have join us.) Thanks for helping us stay true to our title!
2. Members, please only POST (at the most) twice a week. While we all love to post and to read new posts, with 21 of us it can get a little overwhelming to read, let alone respond to all of the wonderful things we each have to say! Modeling after other “reunion” blogs, I have chosen to implement this rule in the interest of all of you who are posting. This will give each post a fair chance to be read and responded to, and the blog will be equally represented. Feel free to comment as often as you would like.
3. Please keep it clean and respectful. I think we all know how to do this!
4. Please avoid using last names. I am already guilty of this, but from now on and for security reasons, please do not use ANY last names when referring to others on the blog (you can use abbreviations).
Well I hope I didn’t come across as the “blog police,” but I think we all agree that these rules will be for our own good! Thanks for helping to make this happen and I look forward to hearing what else is on your minds!
Thursday, September 14, 2006
From the Desk of the "Blogmaster"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
glad you said it! i thought we were going to have the whole city on this blog!
sorry michelle! i just saw that other people were asking where certain people were and that we should get them on here...i'll stop trying to get them on:) AND, i've left too many posts. i'm guilty of rule #1 and #2!! thanks for letting me be on here...now i'm going to clean up some of the posts i left!
I think you guys should invite Gretchen and Heather on. I am working on getting Lucinda's email, hopefully, my source will work.
thanks for the responses! yes, we have sent heather & gretchen invites...hopefully they will join us soon!
Oh also, one idea, if people want to post more, they can just create a blog of there own and give you the link.
Thanks for being the cop here! I happen to like that we are the "ladies of O-Town". I would LOVE to get Lucinda on here if anyone can help! She was a big part of our lives back then.
I concur!! You are the best!! It is getting big!!
I'm agreeing right along with you, Michelle! Don't worry, you're definitely the nicest cop i know!
Great ideas, I agree with all of them!
it IS nice to be all girls;)
Post a Comment