Thursday, September 21, 2006

When It Rains...

...it pours! Okay, I just need to know if I'm the only one who experiences this...it's like you get all rarin' to go with starting toward a new goal (in my case this week, keeping a "schedule" and exercising), and then a day into it....BAM! You are hit with some major road block (in my case, mastitis, a cold and "that" time of the month!) Does this apply to "Murphy's Law?" Somebody please tell me I'm not the only one this happens to!!

13 comments:

sherrie said...

well i'm a firm believer in when it rains it pours...would go into deets but nah. just rest assured you're not alone.

Michelle said...

sher...i like the new pic!

enickel said...

How do you put a picture on there? I am just not very good at this stuff. By the way, I am in the same boat with you two. Everything comes in threes, it seems. Good or bad.

sherrie said...

erika...go to photobucket.com and sign up for a free account. get a small pic you like and upload it then copy and paste the url code that it gives you in your edit profile section under "photo url". you have to republish to see your changes. you may have noticed i like change, so i'm contantly doing new things, why not right...

CBlount said...

Your post has made me feel great, not because i want you to have a hard time, but because i thought I was the only one! I have realized that no matter how organized with a schedule, on top of it with the kids, clean, etc... there is almost ALWAYS something in the way of my goals! People tell you to "let it go," "relax" about things. I'm trying, but when I want to have everything go smoothly in the middle of a tornado, it's really hard to "relax!" I'm so with you, Michelle!!

Jenny G. said...

I definately feel the same Michelle. I think for me, the day before aunt flow comes, you will find me organizing everything and exercising up a storm. I don't know, maybe hormones or something.....but yeah fun times huh!

enickel said...

I am just checking to see if my picture works. It only took me about 40 minutes to get it right. Thanks for the help Sherrie. Does your boss not care how often you get online at work as long as your work is done?

Angela said...

Man, this was so what I needed today! I was totally thinking how I can never get to "the list" because I am just swamped with Laundry, Dishes, etc., then as soon as I feel on top of those, something always happens! Whether it be getting sick, or the monthly thing, or... It totally stinks!!! AND I totally agree Michelle!

Autumn said...

My house has been in total chaos since school started and I like to think I am organized. My new motto is just don't clean until you absolutely have to blame it on the kids and do the things you want. Feel like a woman not a machine. I don't get to do everything I'd like but I am reading, and exercising. Recently I have been taking Belly Dancing. What a great work out!! Anyway Mastitis is horrible and so is Aunt Flow. Hang in there and don't give up. Keep trying and you'll find your groove. It can never be easy of course. Right now we are trying a scripture reading routine and it doesn't happen every night but most nights and that is as good as it gets.

jen bryner said...

i actually used that phrase today in a note to someone...it is definitely a truth! bring it on i guess....

Carolyn said...

I can totally relate! I can never keep my house clean, my to do list is always a mile long, and we've had to throw out the schedule several times... Lacy's finally starting to get on a schedule and she is finally starting to be able to fall asleep without me but now I have to do it all over again with Rose.

Sometimes I just have to forget the stuff that's not going right and focus on what I am doing well, otherwise it gets too depressing!

Mollie said...

I think anyone who has nursed a baby knows that time is a precious commodity. I have no idea how you have time to even right a schedule, let alone try and figure out how to work exercise into it! What I have learned is that after the baby is weaned, things I once dreaded become exciting! Ie: making dinner AND getting to do the dishes after, woohoo! Washing, folding, AND putting the laundry AWAY!!! When this happens, I have to invite someone over to be a witness that it actually happened! (My husband has referred to our laundry as, "Buffet Style" due to the fact that it is most often covering our couch in the family room.;) ) But whatever the satisfaction may be when one of these tasks is accomplished, I must agree with Autumn....FHE, Scripture study, and love at home can not be beat!

LucindaF said...

Hey, can I even be included in this o-town thing? Cuz I have something to say about a schedule. When you plan out your life like that it's like inviting chaos. I'm with autumn in blaming it on the kids and go kick some tae-bo. But mine are almost all in school 4 more years to freedom. Yahoo!