
I'm so glad that I found you! I have two girlies. Lacy is my blue eyed blonde (how did that happen?) and Rose is my brunette. The above photo is from Rose's blessing last month.
Lacy is 2 years old and was actually born in Lacey, though we didn't name her for the town. She was born at home (of course I would do something like that, right?) and we were living in the city of Lacey at the time, so she is probably the only Lacy that was ever born in Lacey. I may have scarred my kid for life by giving her that name. But I still like it!
Rose is almost 4 months old and is such a sweetie. I went back to work last week (I'm working for the State) and she's having a bit of a transition problem, as she's not a big fan of bottles at all. Lacy wasn't either and it took her 2 months before she would even take one after I went back to work. I have such stubborn girls! But of course they're mine, so what else can I expect?
I'm married to Dave, who owns a landscaping company called DCLR Lawn & Yard Maintenance. We just started our company this year and we're learning a lot, and Dave loves the freedom of being his own boss. He will be taking other work this winter while the work is slow. Dave is big into hunting and fishing. Ironic, huh? In fact he's out hunting today. We live in Olympia in the Black Lake area, where we bought a house a couple of years ago, when Lacy was just a couple of weeks old.
8 comments:
Hey you miss Carolyn! You look as beautiful as ever, especially after just having a baby...holy cow!! But what a cute family....and yeah, where did Lacy with blonde hair and blue eyes come from...lol. She is so adorable though...so good to hear from you!
hey finally! i already knew that stuff but i'm so glad you're on here now! what a beautiful family!!
Carolyn, congrats on your beautiful little burnette! She is beautiful! And I can't believe how big Lacy is getting! You and Dave are such a cute couple! Who watches the girls while you are at work? Glad to hear all is well with your family
hey there last time i saw you it was in the singles ward and you were telling me that you liked this guy named dave...how funny is that. your fam is adorable. tell your dad i said hi and that i want my old job back, so just kidding :)
Good to see your happy little family on the site! You sure are a tough lady to deliver at home. The thought would never cross my mind, as I get an epidural as soon as I can. Hopefully you will be at the get together this December! -Erika
Kelly, how could I have forgotten to mention that? LOL! The room I gave birth in looks totally different now, though!
Mollie, my friend Sarah watches the girls, but that will have to end by the end of the year because she's pregnant. There is a daycare center on the capitol campus and my girls are on the waiting list. If we can afford it, we'll put them in that since it is so convenient for work. I'm not sure what we're going to do otherwise. I'm hoping to quit this spring. We'll see!
Erika, I am so not tough! I've had an epidural before and it didn't do much good (with my kidney surgery). That gave me a bad taste in my mouth for epidurals, and I decided I never wanted to have one again. I had a birth tub which is "nature's epidural" and I wasn't in much pain. Rose's birth, OTOH, was a whole 'nother story. She was born at the hospital and I was asking for drugs but I didn't get any, which I'm actually thankful for because I was almost ready to have her when we got there anyway (I was having a homebirth but I had complications that landed me in the hospital). I didn't get a birth tub for her, which is one of the reasons I was in so much pain. Won't make that mistake again!
Giving birth is so unpredictable, but exciting. I can't wait! I have had an epidural all four times and plan to do it again. It works for me, but I know it doesn't for everyone. It sounds like you have some exciting birthing stories to tell...
Erika, ain't that the truth! I so thought that because I had an uneventful first birth at home, the second would be similar, maybe even easier. I was sure shocked when the midwife told me we had to leave for the hospital! I love everything about pregnancy and birth and even though it wasn't my ideal homebirth like I wanted, it was still so awesome and such an incredible and spiritual experience.
Post a Comment