Tuesday, September 05, 2006

More Memories

Okay, girls, here's another trip down memory lane! Erika and Kelly and their families were here on labor day, and we started reminiscing.... Who remembers our obnoxious crank calls? I remember sitting down in our unfinished basement and calling the DJ at the local station (what's its name??), and carrying on lengthy "fake" conversations, pretending we were older and had a very complex and intriguing love story to tell in order to get our song played on the radio! Here's some I remember:

- Being at Stacy Baldwin's house w/ Michelle (or Sherrie? can't remember) making prank calls to a pizza place (Little Ceasars?) and calling so much that finally the guy told us he knew our phone number and was going to send the police over! We were SO freaked out! That might have ended the crank call era....or maybe NOT!

- Calling random phone numbers, saying we were from the appliance company and asking if their refrigerator was running...you remember the tag line!

- Wasn't there something about "Is there a John in the house?" "Well then how do you go to the bathroom!" Ha, Ha, Ha...then hysterical laughing!

- Calling boys just to hear them answer the phone and then hanging up!

- Calling other people and pretending that we were the boy/girl they liked and carrying on a conversation with them as that person! (kinda cruel!)

Sadly, the era of making stupid, hilarious phone calls is over! A once innocent and perfected art has now been replaced by caller i.d.! When did something that kept us occupied on a boring weekend or kept us up all night at a sleepover become a crime of a certain kind? Oh, what is this world coming to!!!!

I know there is more! Add to this thread with your memories!

11 comments:

sherrie said...

this one is especially cruel and horrific now that i think about it...calling a random answering machine (knowing it was a husband and wife) and saying "hi bob, thanks for the other night it was great, hope we can meet up again soon." that is bad!!! but i remember doing it plenty of times with accomplices. we had just about every disguised voice there was to invent. i remember doing most of these at carie and brytteva's homes until 5:00 in the morning. boy we could entertain ourselves pretty good back then...and i pity the people whose paths we ran into :)

sherrie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sherrie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sherrie said...

sorry my puter freaked out - had to delete some stuff

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh....the prank calls!!!! that was our life back then..how sad was that? it was our full time job no doubt...i remember calling parents and saying, "hi mom, i'm drunk. can you come pick me up?" we reaked some havoc i'm sure. i remember just eating and pranking until 5 in the morning like carie said. i guess that kept us out of real trouble but still...the dj guy...i remember calling the radio station but not too much else. i'm really glad we are writing this stuff down for memories later..

Angela said...

Okay, I think my sister told me about you guys playing Girl Talk and the one where you have to prank call someone and say something in a foreign language and I think she said that Brytevva or Sherrie would say "Mecca lecca high mecca highnee ho!" LOL! Correct me if I'm wrong?? Also, I have memories of my sis and I dialing Jared and Mark Mackey 6 digits and then hanging up. Pretty silly huh?

enickel said...

Those were the days! I loved hanging with you girls driving poor lonely people crazy. I remember calling and freaking out when they answered telling them that there was some huge emergency and that we needed help right away. We would hang up just when they were hooked and ready to help. They probably had a heart attack, but it was always good for a few laughs. Caller ID really did mess things up for the younger generation. I hope I will be more aware what my kids are doing. Unfortunately I have way too many kids now to even think I will know what each of them are doing with their friends...in the ward!!! We were good kids for the most part.

Michelle said...

i remember lots of calling boys & hanging up when they answered...maybe that was me at home by myself! ha! oh and LOTS of Kevin Medalen & Ian Hawthorne house drive-by's.

i also remember calling someone in the middle of the night and telling them they hit my car and they owed me! that may have been in college, actually. i just remember we wouldn't let them get off the phone!

sherrie said...

michelle don't forget mark mackey :)

Michelle said...

sherrie - yes, mark mackey! although i don't think we ever did drive-by's by his house...too risky. dude i could do a whole post on mark mackey memories...that would be quite hilarious.

sherrie said...

well there weren't any "drive by's" per say at the mackey residence, but i do recall a late night at that residence involving the repositioning of certain political posters, a volvo, a grassy front yard, and laughter to be heard for miles and miles :)