Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Happily Ever After...
Karlin and I were at his mother's house for Mother's Day. Karlin had bought the ring that weekend and had not yet proposed. I knew he had it and I was dying to see it, so I convinced him that he should show it to his mom for Mother's Day. He resisted at first, but in his own excitement agreed. He took her into his little brother's room to show her and she was so excited she ran out of the room to tell everyone. Karlin and I quickly knelt by his brother's bed to pray as we knew this was the true beginning of our life together. After his prayer, he proposed, with both of us on our knees (which is what I always wanted!) The scenery could have been better, he didn't use any fancy, planned out speech...but it was spontaneous and sincere and those are some of the things I love about him most. The rest of the evening as we visited different family and friends to tell them the news, he kept hiding behind me so people wouldn't see him tearing up. Most people who know Karlin think he is a tough, man's man type...but me and my girls, we know the truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ahh, young love. Marshall was off at BYU and I was a lame senior at THS. The plan that Saturday was to go up to Bel Square and shop with my mom and Marshall's mom. His mom made up some excuse about having to go to the Seattle temple and pick up something she left there. When she went inside to "pick it up" Marshall walked out. He was supposed to be in Utah so I was totally shocked and happy to see him. Unfortunately I hated the outfit I was wearing and I had a huge zit on my cheek. My mom made me wear a skirt for some reason, I know the reason now, but I wasn't happy about it. Anyway, we walked around to the back of the temple and he was totally shaking. I knew he was going to pop the question and I was ready with a definite yes! I was going to have to finish up high school first, but he was willing to wait the 2 months. :) And we lived happily ever after...
erika, i totally remember school the next day when you told everyone...especially in math and kim penny was sitting in front of us and she totally freaked out! that's a great story, love the zit. but seriously it sounds so sweet, he was shaking :) how cute.
mollie, that's such a sweet story how you guys prayed together! i remember how you guys started dating in the singles ward in olympia, you got the only decent guy within miles...way to go mollie!
mollie - that is neat to hear because I didn't even know how you were proposed to...i loved to hear that sweet, sensitive side of ol' K-dogg.
erika - very cute story...i love it when guys are sneaky like that! i remember you at your wedding reception in your white Docs & driving away in a miata! you left all of us breathless & green with envy!
I never new he asked you while you were still in Highschool. It must have been love!!
Mollie, yours is one of those stories you only hear in those Jack Weyland books. I like those hard on the outside soft on the inside guys!! You 2 are cute.
Mollie, I remember when you two got engaged, you were the cutest couple in the singles ward!
Erika, I remember when you got engaged it was so exciting how you got married right out of high school. Everyone was talking about it. It was awesome!
Post a Comment