Friday, August 18, 2006

Hey Everyone!

This is Jonah about a year ago...he's 19 months now. I'll have to upload some newer images later.....

This is so cool! I just got done reading everyones' messages and it makes me miss home so much. I guess since I haven't spoken to most of you in at least a few years, I'll catch you up on my life...
I moved to Colorado Springs, CO in 2000 to finish school at the University of Colorado. In October of 2001 I met John through a friend in one of my classes. We were just friends for about a month and then he asked me out on a date. Our first date was perfect and we were pretty much inseparable from then on.
I graduated from the UCCS in May of 2003 and in November of that year John and I were married at a church up in the mountains (pretty much the best day of my life.)
Shortly thereafter I went to work for a television production company which I hated. I went back to the profession that paid for my college, ophthalmology (It's a long story).
In January 2005 our son, Jonah, was born. He is pretty much the coolest thing I've ever made. In December we're expecting a girl - no name yet. I'm a little cautious about the gender because a friend of mine was supposed be having a girl last year and instead she has a very beautiful son.
Anyway, that's pretty much my life now, except that I'm a stay-at-home Mom, which, I know, I swore I'd never do.
I'll be in Olympia beginning August 28th through September 17th or so so I'd love to see lots of you!
P.S. Hey Michelle - Thanks so much for the invitation!!!!

6 comments:

enickel said...

So good to hear from you! Will you be in town soon enough on the 28th to meet us at Tolmie State Park at 11:30? It would be fun to see you there. What a cute little boy your have! Erika Nickel (Smith)

CBlount said...

hey,hey! So good to hear from you! I hope you can get together with us when you are here; if not on the 28th, then a different day (since i am grounded here and i know a lot of you others are too! Come party at my pad!) Melissa, i remember how much you made me laugh when we were at ricks and you would do your SNL impersonations!

Autumn said...

What a cutie Melissa. I think Jonah looks a lot like you but I have never seen your husband post a picture!!

Mollie said...

Wow! It is so good to hear that everything is going so well for you and your family! Hopefully we can see you when you are in town!

Angela said...

Wow Melissa! It has been too long. Glad to see you are so happy! Johnah is a cutie! And congrats on your baby!

sherrie said...

wow it has been a long time. good to hear from you and what a sweet little boy you have!