Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Something new to do...

How about posting about when we were proposed to...unless you did the asking then it would be when you proposed. I was just thinking about this and yeah you may have seen my recent post about the same subject, but I thought it would be fun for us to do since I have no idea how any of you were proposed to and it was fun for me to remember it.

Mine was at the Oakland Temple which if you've been to, there's a spot where you can look out over the hill and see the Bay area. It's really pretty there. Anyway that's where he popped the question and even got down on one knee! Wow I was impressed. There was this big polynesian guard there who Neil talked into letting us go in the parking lot since it was closed, and on the way out he stopped us and said, "What did she say?" Then I told him I said yes and he laughed, "Congrats!"

It was fun...here's a pic of the spot he proposed.

Now it's your turn!

5 comments:

Mollie said...

How fun! And the fact that he got the guard to let you in is quite impressive. That temple is Beautiful!

CBlount said...

How sweet!

Michelle said...

Sherrie - love the polynesian dude! that's classic...

Autumn said...

Very Cool!! I love the Oakland temple. I lived by it my first 2 years of highschool. I was sad I did not make it to your reception.

Celestia said...

How Romantic! I love that story. Doing engagement stories is a great idea.