Thursday, October 19, 2006

Girls Camp 1993


Fifth years rule! Love the "smeary" on Erika's shirt...good times.


This one was far too choice to pass up...lookin' good, ladies!

21 comments:

Michelle said...

dang! i can't get the second one to get bigger for us! you got lucky this time, girlies...

enickel said...

I love the pictures! Was Autumn's hair really that blond? There is nothing like girls camp...unless you get called to be a leader 10-15 years later! I have still gotten lucky in that area. Poor Heather and Lucinda.

jen bryner said...

angi, i think you have looked the same ever since i have known you! is that heather in front of erika? i love girls camp!

Elizabeth C said...

Great to see these pics Michelle! I remember the braids!! Coolness....

sherrie said...

these are fun...you don't want to know what my shirt said as erika's says smeary - we'll leave that to the past. love the braids and especially gretchen poking her head up in the back. wasn't girls camp the best! we need to post more girl's camp pics so we can all see each other at our best.

Autumn said...

Love the braids!! Sure am not that blond anymore!! I went back a couple of years ago with the girls in my ward and you really can't do anything anymore!! It is a good things were different back then. It almost is no fun now!! Rules!! Bah Humbug!! I am glad we made a little fun of our own!!

Mollie said...

If only such beauty could remain unchanged! Those were the days!

LucindaF said...

Okay Autumn you brought something I'm interested in up. As Stake 2nd counselor I'm in charge of the whole thing. I want camp to be fun and of course now that I'm old an boring I want other things to happen as well. Tell me ladies, what would you bring back? For one, I'd bring back the dance night! Loved it.

jen bryner said...

what kinds of things are you not allowed to do anymore???

Angela said...

I thought there were rules then too? Just weren't followed! :) Hee hee.

jen bryner said...

hahahahahaha angela! funny, and so true!

enickel said...

Camp is more spiritually centered now, but I think the girls need that. It sounds like it is almost like EFY, and the girls come back feeling so uplifted instead of just sleep deprived with good stories to tell. By the way, Sherrie's shirt said, "Pappy". Don't really know why we did that. Wierd kids we were. It was probably all Sherrie's idea. :)

jen bryner said...

in today's time, they really do need that uplifting. it's harder for them than it was for us, if that's possible!! haha. they may not get it from many sources and if they can also share that with their closest girl friends, all the better:) that's what i like about this blog too. yeah, we all have our stories to tell and reminisce about, but it's a great strength, or so i feel anyway! it's nice to know my "sisters" are out there and struggling and trying and raising their kids just like me, and staying close to the Lord all at the same time. don't want to start gettin' teary!! that's all for now;)

sherrie said...

erika you gave the game away...jk - yeah not sure why we chose those interesting nicknames, perhaps in fear of what was to come. i remember girls camp being spiritual when we bore our testimonies...that was when everyone got up there and bawled their eyes out. hahaha - efy for me was spiritual the whole time (except when we were boy stalking). i feel i really developed a solid testimony at efy but remember girls camp having it's moments.

Michelle said...

i agree, sher. efy was the best.

Angela said...

The spiritual part of Camp I enjoyed was Testimony Mt., Circle of Friendship, Devotionals, and as an adult in Gig Harbor- singing trees. Also, EFY does rock! I plan to send all of my kids to it! My favorite song from EFY-- "I know who I am, I'll take a stand, for all I believe. I hope this feeling won't go away, I'll let it stay, I'm taking it home with me!" EFY is something everyone should get a chance to do! Totally memorable!

LucindaF said...

Yes! I cannot tell you how I love talking about things like this. Heather you so totally rock and Jen I'm totally feeling you on all of your comments, and everyone, I love all that you've added. And Heather, when they first called me to do this job I thought I wanted everyone to experience a mighty change of heart. I don't know what your theme for next year is, but I came up with a little insignia that goes along with that, by the way I am in love with that scripture passage as well, but it goes like this e=mc(instead of the 2 for squared, you put a little heart at the end) which means Experiencing a Mighty Change of Heart.
But I am all about asking questions that go to the heart of things, I have been reminded so very many times that my life is short and fragile and I don't feel the fear so much, and besides I think people like it, I know I do. Thanks everyone for your input, keep going. I'm going to have to put a new post up so we can keep adding on this subject without scrolling down forever. Love to you all!

jen bryner said...

lucinda, i LOVE that idea with the e=mc and the heart...and don't be offended if i totally use it someday!! i teach the achievement days girls which are just 8-11 years old and it is so fun preparing them for young womens! i DO think things can be spiritually uplifting AND fun...look at most of the talks at efy, that's what they were! when you're teaching correct principles and really following the spirit, those spiritual moments will come too. i love listening to a great talk, one that makes you laugh and that you get into, and then they bring that quiet spirit right in and bam, you feel it! anyway, that's all i've got this morning...too tired ;)

LucindaF said...

Be my guest, I did put it on a public blog. :) My daughter is in achievement day and she loves it, it's such a great program, thanks for doing your part.

Autumn said...

I think my girls at camp felt like everything was scheduled and they had no free time to bond with the girls in the ward. They had no just ward time. If ya know what I mean. Maybe that makes less time for trouble. I don't know. Anyway good luck with the job Lu. You'll make it fun!! I would not want to be in your shoes that is for sure!!

Celestia said...

My favorite things at camp were the skit and testimony meeting. I think we all bonded at both. Even if activities are scheduled, you can still bond. The fun thing about the skit is that we got to make it up ourselves and we were able to be creative. I remember one year the leaders wrote a script and it took all the fun out of it. We really rebelled that year. We called it slave camp because they made us work on chores most of the time. Including sweeping the dirt! Even at Efy there were at least a couple hours of free time.