Monday, October 16, 2006
Aloha from earthquake land...
We are fine! Really. My biggest complaint would be that we had no power all day which equals no air conditioning. Let me tell you it was so hot and humid. Plus church was cancelled...ladies this was our final practice before our primary program next week! I am going crazy here. What a day. Thanks for thinking of us though. I posted a more detailed post on my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
do you think you will hold an emergency practice? our primary presidency JUST handed out the parts and our program is in 2 weeks!!! they made changes to one of the songs too...who knows how it will go. i'm glad you are well! i'll check out your blog for more details:)
well, i would have but i can't seem to find a link to your blog!! what's it called?
earthquakes aren't fun huh? been through a few of those since living in california. i'm still not used to them like all the natives here are. they freak me out every time! glad you guys are ok.
Glad to hear all is well. It must have been tough without the a/c! Did you guys have a little "family church" yesterday? When we were living in the Caribbean we didn't have a ward or branch so we had church in our home for a year and a half. We loved it.
joy - glad you are all okay. we had our last practice yesterday...just as you should have..and i'm here to validate your feelings of angst over missing it! i'm sure the Lord will bless those little kids to do well anyway!
This brings back memories... who all was here in WA for the earthquake of '01? That was quite a surreal experience! I actually kind of enjoyed riding the earthquake out! I felt like I was surfing or something (not that I've ever actually surfed, but that's what I imagine it feels like).
Leslie was pretty freaked out-- she was in Costco when the earthquake hit! She bolted toward the door with her baby (the older kids were at school) and she had to beg Costco employees to be let back in to get her purse and keys!
I was here, but I was driving in my car so I didn't get the full experience. I just thought something was wrong with my tires, but then it all smoothed out. I was just confused until I got to the park and the other moms were talking about the quake we just had.
Glad you are okay Joy. I wasn't in WA during that earthquake--so that is an experience I have never had. Not that I am sad I missed it, nor do I hope to have that experience.
Post a Comment