Well, I'm looking at four days of having been "off the wagon" last week. Between family visits, Tyler's Birthday and a myriad of events I'm in charge of this week, I've let stress take over and gave in to some old habits. In the words of Anne Shirley, "Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!" I'm making my tomorrow start today.
Pounds lost: .5
Pounds to go: 43
Confessions: It started with brownies for lunch on Saturday, carried over to Tyler's birthday cake and ended yesterday with Girl Scout cookies. Luckily, I ate enough of it all that it's no longer in my house to tempt me! Ha.
What worked for me: I attended "Time Out for Women" with my sis-in-laws last Saturday and one of the speakers there was very motivational. Her name is Pam Hansen and she has written a book called Running with Angels that I bought there and plan to start reading this week for some inspiration. I'll let you know what I think.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
AHH! Girl Scout Cookies! They are definitely a weakness of mine, too!! I just ordered some! Boy was that a BAD decision!! Oh well, I have lots of little girls to share them with. :)
What I do when temptation comes around or I want to have desert--I still have it but I take about 1/4 of what I would have taken initially or I share my desert with someone like my boyfriend. Don't deny yourself--but its all about portion sizes.
I have been doing really well w/exercise recently. I've immersed myself in this last phase of my weight loss to deal with some huge amounts of stress I'm having to deal with. Also, our gym does free personal training sessions for people who want to change their programs so I took advantage and got some advice on weights--my weakness. I think I've lost some inches recently but I get frustrated how slowly it takes me to loose weight. Oh well--everthing worthwhile takes patience I guess!
Sorry--forgot to mention something. I think its good that you recognized the stress being related to old habits. A lot of people emotionally eat on occassions. The important thing is initially recognizing it so when you get to these situations again you can hopefully avoid using food w/feelings. Its easier said than done though!
Time to check in, ugh. Well, I'm still up on my work-outs. I've found that when I don't work out, I don't sleep, and I don't feel as well the next day. I workout at night since Brendan leaves so early in the morning. So I come home and am good and sleepy.
Confessions: My only confession would be last night, we went grocery shopping, all of us, and as I was pushing the cart, I felt like I was going to pass out, Brendan said "you look really pale, what's your blood sugar?" If the lines had been shorter I would've just waited for one of the pure juices I was buying just for these occassions. I had to walk over to the Mcdonalds inside the store and get some sugar, I hate soda, so I went for the apple pie. That's the only junk I've had in a long, long time.
I've lost another inch off my waist, yahoo! My abs are totally defined again, yahoo! But I've only lost like a half pound in the last two weeks.
I've only been doing the minimum 4 nights a week of work-out. Sometimes our schedules just don't work, and other times I haven't felt well. I feel best with atleast 5 to 6 a week.
i hit an all time low this past week since i was eating at an all inclusive resort everyday and could drink as many pina coladas as my heart desired. i was pretty much bloated every day...but it was so worth it. now that i'm back to the real world i've started doing my sit ups, lunges, and tread mill once again.
well let's see....i haven't lost any weight, in fact i've gained a pound. this is why i hate the scale. i don't think it's a true reflection of where we're at. i FEEL better, and i think that's most important. of course i'm on a billion herbs to try and get pregnant, so that helps! GOOD CONFESSION: remember my friend i told you was helping me not to eat sweets/treats during the week? well, we had our RS birthday dinner on tuesday and they served cake and ice cream...but we helped each other and DIDN'T eat any! in the end, i was really full anyway and it would have been over the top, so i felt good about resisting it. we had some fabulous veggies and stuff with the meal so we had extra of that, plus a little pink lemonade. i just never realized how much i reach for sweet snacks. by setting specific days (allowing for the exceptionally rare event) it's getting easier to say no, and just wait. she sared something with me though, she waited until the weekend, and then binged, and she felt horrible and sick. so now we're making more modifications to our plan and holding out for the right times to snack, like a movie or just after dinner, instead of foraging all day because we waited. it is definitely motivating to have all this support!!! oh, and i looked up that book, it looks awesome! i might buy a copy for my sister and i to share. keep it up everyone!
Ok...we had stake leadership training last night. Great meeting but as you know the people here in Hawaii love to have meetings as a reason to get together and eat. Well after the meeting I skipped over the salads and pasta and went strait for the desert. I have been really good lately and thought I deserved a reward...anyone had those yummy bite sized brownies from Costco?
Oh, I also bought my first scale this week. Maybe a mistake. Now I know what I weigh everyday!
angela - lucky you to have girlies to share them with! my husband will eat a few, but as you know, they don't often scarf whole batches or boxes of things like girls do.
christine - good job with your exercise and for tackling weights, and for losing inches! that's fabulous!
lu - defined abs - i only see them in my dreams. congrats! i'm sorry about the near-fainting spell, though. that always happens to me when i get pregnant, and it's ALWAYS in a grocery store. wonder why?
sher - i am so glad you indulged while on vacation. there's no way you could've kept me away from all that yummy food. great job getting right back on the wagon.
jen - great tips! and congrats on staving off the cake...i had that last week, too, and luckily they served boklava (sp?) so it wasn't too tempting to me.
g.g. - wow, i didn't know you were anemic! sounds like you have everything lined up for your training - very cool. i wish i was down there, and you could kick my butt and make me take your class. ha!
joy - never tried the brownie bites, but i can only imagine they are scrumptious. good luck with the scale. i have been pretty good at only getting on once a week, but i think i may take a break from it next monday...
Post a Comment