


So now I have three kids in soccer, and I'm coaching my daughter's team. All in my spare time of course. It's kind of nuts I know, but I tell you what, 9 year old girls can talk. They are so cute, I can see why Erika loves achievement day so much.
I don't have pictures yet, our first game is next Saturday, but I will post my little uniformed cuties.
Girls camp planning is in full swing, and it is a huge undertaking, but the Lord is sustaining me. Things like spring flowers, sunshine, and upcoming spring break are keeping my head above water. I pruned my trees and readied my garden bed this week. It's been in the 70's, heaven.
So that's what I've been up to lately. We've been talking exercise and diets, but I'd like to know what else is going on. I haven't seen a lot of pictures, so I think it's time for a spring update.
10 comments:
Lucinda...so fun to see you and your cuties. I can't believe, well I guess I can, that you are coaching your daughter's team. I don't think I could add one more thing and be sane right now. Soccer does rule and achievement day is wonderful. We did a fun activity this week on heathly living. The girls did circuit training and some physical games. Then they got oranges and apples for a refreshment. They had a great time and so did I. Thanks for posting the pictures! Love you.
yes post soccer pics when you get a chance you busy little bee. spring is a blast. i am gearing up to teach another family history class during sunday school for my ward and also teach the family history consultants in the stake on tuesday nights. i am also helping my bro-in-law with neil's line and doing my dad's moms line too. talk about a bunch of genealogy - it's everywhere!
Lucinda I really love the pictures you posted. You are looking incredibly healthy and happy. All that organic food and exercise is paying off eh?
So are any of you David Beckham fans? People over here (the girls) think he's hot but think he talks like a little girl. Lucinda I think its great that you have kids in soccer. I tell you its strange with soccer (or football as the rest of the world calls it) because so many people outside the states REALLY are obsessed with it. It will be interesting to see if David Beckham can raise the profile of the game in the US and bring up the game's popularity with adults. That's if the Beckhams can stay grounded out in Hollywoodland. I have to admit it would be nice to see America take more of an interest in this because come World Cup time its a bit embarrassing being a "yankee". :0)
I love springtime. In england during winter it gets bloody cold but its just gray dark and miserable. Springtime and Summer everyone is so much more cheerful, there's more sunlight and London is a lot more bearable. The only downside to the good weather is it brings out the tourists! But getting stuck in between tour groups on the tube on the way to your work is all part of the gig I guess!
Hey, what great pictures! How old are you kids? And 70 degrees in Boise? I wish I was there! I'm so ready for some warmer days. We had a couple this past week and the kids loved it. It was so nice to leave the coats inside!
I love Soccer too...played since I was really little, and coaching is really neat. The past two summers, I coached U19 coed team, and (14-19 aged kids) and it is really neat to be involved with kids and to see them grow and influence their lives. How fun!! I am definitely going to coach for my kids when they get into it also.
very cute pictures, lucinda. i love the angle.
what age do you start your kids in soccer, then? i'm trying to figure out if i can start parker this summer (he'll be four). he's a cautious little guy and i don't want to scare him off by starting him in team sports too early.
i have pink tulips on my kitchen table right now and i'm LOVING the almost-spring weather in kansas.
Cute as can be!! Gotta love those boys and I really have to because, YES, I am having another boy. So much for a girl in my world. We just are happy that he will be healthy. We had a downs syndrome worry for awhile but the Amnio gave us good news. I am worried for the day when all three of my boys are in sports. I will have 2 in baseball this year. I will be sitting on the baseball field 4 days a week this spring. Let's hope the weather is kind this year. We have had a couple of sunny days but nothing consistent yet but my plants are blooming. I love Spring. Have fun with soccer Lu. We have not tried that one yet but I think Brenden is interested in that one. We have to do football this Fall though. A promise, but football is so expensive!! Any ideas on boy names that end with an N would be helpful we are lost on names!! Happy Sping everyone!!
Mickey,
Most leagues have a 4 year old team. It's hilarious, there's no goalie, and they just run around on a short little field. No matter what happens everyone just cheers and snaps pics for their scrapbooks.
Heather, our camp is moving along. This stake does EVERYTHING for camp, well, until this year. From a stake level I'll tell you it is hard to keep everyone notified. We just had a leader meeting last Wednesday, and went through some basics. But we're still working on deets and so they're still not sure how much time they will be in charge of. So we don't have everything pinned down yet, but maybe atleast we're telling them that.
Sher, your history work is so inspiring. I've had some really awesome experiences at the temple lately, and know that the work is so important. I'll be doing some family sealings next week, and initiatories, yeah, my favorite.
Christine, I know who David Beckham is, the problem in the States with soccer is, well, if they counted each goal to be worth 7 points like football, maybe people would like it more. Personally, I don't care to watch it, and I love soccer.
Erika, I love you too. :)
Autumn, we posted at the same time, funny. Names ending with N? I like Ethan, Evan, Dallin, Colton, Kaden, Gideon, and Mahonri Morianchumer.
We already share, Nathan, Logan, and Brendan.
It's 76 today!
erika you teach achievement days??? me too! i would love to hear your ideas:):) what is your email? if you're interested in sharing ideas that is! you can email me at jbryner@spheris.com.
Post a Comment