Monday, August 07, 2006

Under the table!!

Good to hear from ya ster and I would love a copy of your cd. I'll send you an email with my address. Anyway my story goes like this. It was the end of the year at Rick's. I was about to graduate and was wondering where to move on. I was taking a voice class and Nate showed up to hear my last recital. He had driven all the way from Utah and afterwards he took me out to dinner. It was an expensive place so I knew something was up. Once we were seated, Nate was under the table the whole time. I kept asking him if he was okay. His response was "Oh, I went hiking with Jared and Steen. I must of walked into some stinging nettle or something. Lo and behold he was trying to get the ring in his pants so he could give it to the waiter to give to me. He was going to use the excuse he had to go to the bathroom but we were right by the bathrooms. So, he finally came up with the excuse that he left his wallet in the car and had to go get it. Well, he got the ring to the waiter and when he brought the ring out it was in a case shaped like a rose. I just started laughing because my roomate had just been proposed to with the same ring case. He asked me anyway and I said yes but I guess it kinda went with our first kiss of which I laughed also. Let's just say he still keeps me laughing and that works for us. We just celebrated our 10 year Anniversary on July 5th!!

4 comments:

sherrie said...

how funny is that...under the table, making up excuses. i bet he was so nervous. did you know it was coming? you should've just said, can we get on with it already? j/k so good that he keeps you laughing, a sense of humor can never go underestimated, that's my theory in life.

enickel said...

Autumn, what a sweet story! Your first kiss was really when you were engaged? That is a great story for the kids. How much had you been dating before he popped the question? It was good to see you guys a few months ago. So happy and still gorgeous!

Michelle said...

I had forgotten about the rose case! It was Melanie who had the other one, right? This is so fun to relive the memories...

Autumn said...

Our first kiss was not when we were engaged but the first time he kissed me I laughed. We dated for 1.5 years before we were married. It is fun to hear everyones story. This was a great idea girls!!