Monday, August 28, 2006

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!

ok, so i'm the single one and haven't found the time to create a blog....although i have had some computer glitches as one excuse. i've had fun reading everyone's posts! let's see...where do i start??? disclaimer: this post may seem and sound random but that is basically how my life is anyway :) since most or all of you are married with children i will give you a little insight to my single life...ready??

i just turned 30 (for those who haven't, it will come before you know it :) and feel great about it! no, really...last year i was freaking out about it but now i actually feel liberated. i'm living in north seattle with one roommate (julia haslam) and love it. I have a new job as a Chiropractor Assistant for Long Chiropractic Center in Seattle. I work for two doctors who are sisters. they crack me up and i felt a bond with them from the very beginning. it's basically an office manager position...doing the books, billing insurance, dealing with lawyers, receptionist and qualifying patients for their chiropractic needs. this job came so random that it was truly a blessing for me. i still want to get my MA in Occupational Therapy and will probably apply for next fall...the BIG question is WHERE??

WHO would have thought i would actually have a profile on a dating site? uhh...not me! i'm pretty sure...NO, i'm really sure this never crossed my mind when we were in high school..isn't that for socially inept and weird people??? well, it's been fun and i've had some good, fun and draining experiences....dating in seattle is like plucking your leg hairs out one by one...(it's best to avoid it)..at least less painful! i've met some guys from california and oregon. i'm starting to think that i need to meet some good guys here in washington but like i was saying before......

i've had to take a break from traveling for a while....last summer i went to costa rica and it was amazing!!! there is a picture that i am really tempted to put up here but i'm afraid one day i would see it on a billboard somewhere...i'm not kidding...it's that bad! i might bring it to tolmie. that way i can keep my eye on it :) let's see, i've also been to nicaragua, cancun, playa del carmen, puerta vallarta, punta de mita (i'm in love with it there!) i think my next big trip will be to belize or tahiti!!

GREAT BOOKS I'VE READ CURRENTLY:

"The Peacegiver" by James L. Ferrell
"The Five People you Meet in Heaven" by
"The Book of Mormon Lectures" by Hugh Nibley
"Eve and the Choice made in Eden" by

MY CURRENT FAVORITE QUOTE:

Most people fail:

When they give up what they want MOST for what they want NOW! - AUTHOR UNKNOWN-

***I will try to post some current pictures up here***

7 comments:

sherrie said...

so my question is who are the 5 people you're going to meet in heaven? hey good to hear you are alive. have fun at tolmie, and email me that pic :)

enickel said...

I can't wait to see you tomorrow. It has been way too long! -Erika

CBlount said...

Yeah...you finally made it!! I will see you at Tolmie; can't wait!

Autumn said...

I got a musician I can set you up with in Seattle. He really is a good guy. Let me know. Working for a Chiropractor sounds cool. In some ways I envy your ability to travel. It is all exciting and new. Keep Posting.

Michelle said...

love hearin' about your life...keep posting, friend.

sherrie said...

brytteva...i'm going to playa del carmen in march, where did you stay and do? i'm excited for mayan ruins ;)

Celestia said...

Hey, the Hugh Nibley book sounds good. I want to read that. Do you know where I can get my hands on a copy? Is it still in print at the church bookstore?