
I'm done with Halloween, no more pumpkins, no more candy, no more super-hyped children. And I was thinking about Thanksgiving and wandered where everyone was going to be during that delicious day. Also, throw some cute crafty projects for me to do with my kids, I'm disabled in this area and need help. I know there are secret supercrafters out there. If you give me a good one I'll maybe share my supersecret fabuloso apple pie recipe with you. My husband is willing to give up his whole kingdom for me to make it.
11 comments:
anyone going to be in the sacramento area? yeah didn't think so...but i am. going to the in-laws along with neil's 4 brothers and 1 sister. yeah so i just took down my halloween decorations last night and was thinking that i need some cute crafty thanksgiving ones to replace them...ideas are welcome! and my favorite thing about the holidays lu is warm apple pie! send me a slice in the mail would ya?
Here's craft idea for kid's that I though sounded cute:
Make rice crispy treats, but instead of rice crispies, use kix and add yellow food coloring and Reese's pieces. Let the kids grab a handful and smash it around a popsicle stick, leaving 1/3 of the stick uncovered. Then tie raffia to the exposed end of the stick. Indian Corn!!! I guess that is more sugar, but at least the cereal is fortified. ;) My family and I will be in Orlando at Disney World/Sea World. We are going with my husband's family and they all want to eat out for Thanksgiving dinner! :P I will miss the home-made apple pie.
Yeahhh! I get to go to OLY this year! We do an every other year thing...Thanksgiving with one parents and Christmas with the other set. We always celebrate Christmas with the other fam too, just not on the actual day. Then the next year, it's visa versa. We have it worked out with all of the married folk in both fams so they are on the same schedule as us, which is awesome.
Good one Molls! Sounds cute. Disneyworld, I'm trying to feel sad for you but it's not working.
And Sher, email me your address and watch for the ups guy.
We will be in Utah with Brendan's family, although his dad and sister will be in Peru, jealous! I'll be baking up a storm, yeeha!
I am taking a free pass of no cooking this Thanksgiving! I can use the excuse of the new baby, plus I don't make anything that great so no one will be wanting me to help. Marshall's aunt is the best cook around so I am sure she will be cooking all week preparing for the meal. We are obviously just staying in WA this Thanksgiving and Christmas. Heather and Stephen will be here in December so Yippee for me!
Heather will be here for the "big get-together". I don't know where the plans are. Did Carolyn ever talk to the place she had in mind? That sounded like a great place. I think it would be fun to meet in the Stake Center since it would bring back some fun memories. With good music, good food and good friends, what else do you need?
Unfortunatly Zac will be working thanksgiving so we will probably have a very late dinner as he is working the NICU. Oh well at least the kitchen won't be so hot by the evening...
As far as decorations...my halloween/fall decorations are pretty much the same give or take a few items. I always pick up one of those great white pumpkins they have now. Then I get a bunch of those tiny pumpkins and gourds then since I have this great built in shelf right at the front door I arange it all there. Oh I also add fall leaf garland. Since we don't have fall here I like to leave the arrangement up until I put my Christmas decorations up. This way I feel like I am having a season.
I just got the November Family Fun mag. I will look through it and post some of their craft ideas.
We're staying here in Boise (this is where we'll be for Christmas too). I like visiting family over the holidays, but its fun to do our own holidays with the kids. Start our own traditions!
Can I just add something about our thanksgiving trip...The whole reason Karlin's family is going to Orlando is because Karlin's sister has been battling breast cancer for 12 years now and is nearing the end of her battle. She has two boys, 14 and 12,and a fabulous hubby. She found out she had cancer right after the second one was born. She loves to travel to warm places and be with her family, so we all put forth our best effort to make it work. This meant that I really haven't seen my husband for the last year, except for Sunday's and Monday nights and an occassional date. Emphasis on the occassional. He has worked many extra hours so that we could go. We are all staying in units with full kitchens, so I was hoping to save money by eating in. But Karlin is second to youngest in his family, that also makes us on the tightest bugdet compared to the others. They all want to eat out together for Thanksgiving. Hence my desire for the home-made apple pie. Know what I mean? I know it won't matter once we get there, and I'm really not complaining, or atleast I don't mean to. I can not wait to spend 10 with my husband and darling girls, it wouldn't matter where.
I will be at the McClellan's. With my sister next door and My Dad maybe from Montana!! Thanksgiving is always great in Lacey!!Thanksgiving crafts!! I know preschool crafts!! Turkey-Fold paper plate in half glue on brown paper or color brown. Out of construction paper make a head and a red thing for the chin. add beak and eyes. trace hands and cut out in different colors and glue on for tail. Lot's of stuff on line. Look under Thanksgiving preschool crafts. You'll have more crafts than you can handle.
Post a Comment