Wednesday, November 08, 2006
family watchdog
some of you may have already seen this website: http://www.familywatchdog.us it pretty much freaked me right out, but if anything it made me more aware of my surroundings... it seems like each day when i watch the news (and to be honest that's not too often), i see things in this world that are getting scarier and scarier. it's very sad, but we all know it will get worse before it gets better. i remember when i use to go outside to play and my mom had no idea exactly where i was (since i was usually running around the neighborhood) and when it was time to come home she'd come outside and just yell and i'd come back. well i'm sure you all will agree it's not like that anymore these days. it seems that moms and dads across the world have to keep their kids on a leash in order to have peace of mind. anyway...just thought maybe this website would be helpful to some of you. it has inspired me to move...as soon as i can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I do keep my kids on a short leash. I remember being gone all afternoon roaming the neighborhoods and playing in the woods. What happened to those days? I think TV, movies and the computer were the beginning of the end. Too many horrible thoughts and pictures planted in unstable people's minds. No sleepovers for my kids!!! They think I am mean, but that is one thing I won't compromise on. Luckily they have a grandma that they can have sleepovers with. ;)
The list from watchdog wasn't complete for my area. If you really want to know, go to your state police website and check it out. Be prepared to see people you know. It's hard when you see them on Sunday.
What a great web site! There are 11 people listed in Rexburg...74 in the place we lived before here. I had no idea about the people that were living by me!
ok lu now you are really freaking me out...but i'll have to check that out too.
The sad thing is, it's not just the psychos! It's teachers at school, coaches, and people kids trust! I teach my girls to scream and fight to the end!
freaky!
I have to move...
there's nothing (reported) out on our road but there is in town. what's worse, people in THIS part of texas just live way out in the country, all on their own, and who knows what you'll find right around you. trust your instincts ladies!! even when you think it's silly, if you're prompted to be more careful, then just do it.
I do not let my kids out of my yard. There are 4 in a 3 mile radius of my home. I miss the days you could roam free. Kids can't be kids anymore. I hate it!! But better safe than sorry!!
Crazy that they list that stuff...But it's good for us!
Yah, I am pretty paranoid about letting my kids be anywhere out of my site.
Post a Comment