
So Erika had her baby, yeah! She is precious, and makes me want to have another baby. But really my post is two-fold, to let people know about baby Samantha, and because I need some substance this weekend. I want to know, what is something you've learned this week? Some little thing the spirit has whispered to you, some principle, doctrine, inclination that has changed you just a little bit. Thanks for sharing, please don't say no.

11 comments:
ah lu, i can always count on you when i'm bored at work to keep me entertained. thanks. yes sammantha is a doll - so precious.
well i've learned that when you send huge files to clients you need to have something other than hotmail....ok that doesn't count. honestly i have realized recently that i need to reach out to people more. i get so comfortable (an often times paranoid about people i don't know) and i'm in my own little world that often times i overlook people that i can help or who need my help. i need to do better!!!
Congratulations Erika! Awesome!!
Something I've re-learned this week is the power of personal revelation. Sometimes life get's in the way and if I haven't been as intense on my scripture study (I'm thinking an hour a day) as I think I need to be, I listen too much to the bad thoughts that tell me I'm lost or too far away. When in reality all it takes is one minute to get on my knees and bring back that sweet peace I've been missing.
okay so where is this picture of samantha? i must not have gotten the memo...
great idea for a post, lu. one thing i've re-learned this week is that the most i can do to make a situation easier is to change my own attitude about it. it all goes back to the old adage "life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you react to it." it is actually a very comforting thought, no?
Yesterday I read a devotional called "Miracles" that really seemed to speak to me. Too often I get caught up in disliking certain things about life: cleaning toilets, getting kids dressed, laundry, dishes, potty training, making dinner...you get the picture. Different days it may be different things. But after I read this devotional I couldn't stop thinking about all the miracles in my life. I've been asking myself (about the things that are challenging either physically, spiritually, or mentally), "Where is the miracle in __________ (insert something you dislike)?" For example, in cleaning the bathrooms, it is a miracle we have different kinds of cleaners to kill the germs, I'm so blessed to even have a toilet to clean, etc... Take this one: mowing the lawn. Whoever invented the lawn mower definitely performed a miracle, I get lots or excercise mowing and it gives me thinking time, Heavenly Father created this amazing thing called grass for our enjoyment...and I am blessed ABUNDANTLY; He didn't just create some random thing in a few categories of life, He has created infinite things which make our lives and world amazing. I really am on a streak with this one. In fact I can't think of anything in my mind right now without asking about the miracle in it. I can't comprehend how God created me, knows me personally, loves me unconditionally, actually have a purpose here and considers me His child. Really, I've been thinking about it and need some scriptures, thoughts, talks, etc... to help me gain a little more understanding. Please share. You are all an incredible miracle in my life! This blog is a miracle (why?...because the computer was invented, it is convenient, there is an amazing tool called the World Wide Web, I have connected with others at a time when I need them, it has shed light on questions I've had, it has helped me find things to make my dinner...you get the point) Sorry for the LOOOOOOOOONG Blog! I'll go clean my toilets now:)
Here is a link to the article "Miracles" http://deseretbook.com/time-out/devotional?dev_id=922
I learned that when you think everything is fine, you're just going along with life like you normally do and all is well...then bam! "Life" throws you a major curve ball and suddenly nothing is for-sure and everything is up in the air. It really bites.
More details on that later.
Evy! Fill us in! Is it a job?
The baby? What?! Well, I was talking to my five year old, Kennedi, and she was complaining about something. (Not unusual.) And in response i said, "Kennedi, you are the most blessed little girl I know! You have everything that any little girl could ever hope for! Now, if you complain any more, I am going to make you eat eggs!" She does not like eggs and I had just fixed some for myself. She of course laughed at me. Then I thought to myself, hmmmm... I think Heavenly Father has tried this parental strategy on ME! "Mollie, you are one of the most blessed woman on earth! You have everything any woman could ever hope for! Now if you complain any more,(about going to Florida), I am going to make you eat eggs!(Or make your back go out so you can't participate in the Primary Program which I wrote, back your bags for the trip, or clean your house before you go!) Well, I didn't listen soon enough and I have had to "eat eggs", but I learned my lesson fairly quickly, and the Good Lord has healed my back and now I am grateful for just about everything! Including doing the dishes and being blessed to go to Florida for Thanksgiving. I am going to stop complaining! Carie, you are an inspiration!
this morning i learned that little girls CANNOT 'ride' their piggy banks, despite bekah's attempt!!! i'll let you imagine the result of that...
but more importantly, i too am truly blessed! quin has just finished school, which is a major thing when you consider his back surgery, and just as we were trying to find a house to rent so we can stay in this area a little longer, poof, this house appears. now, not out of thin air, but it might as well have been! for weeks we've been so discouraged thinking that we just wouldn't find anything around here worth paying for (take a trip to east texas and you'll know what i mean) and on the night after quin got home from school we went out on a date. we just happened to drive down this road that we NEVER take, and there's this cute little house for rent, all redone on the inside, just the right size and everything!! so we got the house and we're moving in 3 weeks. the thing is, i forget how involved the lord truly is in my life sometimes. we try so hard to do things the right way, following inspiration, and like carrie said, there are these little miracles (to us anyway) all over the place! thank you all so much for helping me look at this week in such a great light and recognizing the amazing blessings i've been given:)
I have been reading Stephen R Covey's "Everyday Greatness". Good book if you are looking to get more meaning out of your life. Ever since I have turned 30 I have been on a what is my purpose? What is heavenly fathers mission for me? And it is all in the little things. It must all have to do with maybe not having anymore kids and what happens next. They are growing up fast. I also learned that our kids are sent to our homes to teach us about ourselves!!
Lucinda you must have been inspired to write this post. This week has been a huge learning week for me. Unfortunatly for me I seem to always learn from my mistakes. This has been a bummer for me more than once. Well this week I learned that pride can get in the way of the spirit speaking to us. Once I put my pride to the side I knew what I needed to do but until I did that I felt lost and confused about the situation.
I have been so blessed in my life. This month I have been teaching the primary children about being grateful. So obviously I have been thinking about what I am grateful for. I won't list them all here the list would be too long but let me just thank you all for all you say here in this blog...although we all live all over your words have helped me so much this past month or so. So thanks!
Post a Comment