I suppose I am in a cooking slump. I'm tired of the same old things! So maybe we can all post a recipe that our families completely gobble up and love! Here is mine:
Spaghetti Pie
Cook 6 oz spaghetti noddles; drain. Add 2 TBS margarine. When noodles cool a bit, add 2 beaten eggs and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese. CAREFUL: if noodles are too hot, the eggs will start to cook! Spread noodles into a buttered 10 inch pie plate to form a crust.
Brown 1 lb ground beef; drain fat. Stir in 1 cup canned, diced tomatos, 1- 6 oz can tomato paste, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp onion salt. Heat through.
Spread 1 cup cottage cheese into the bottom of noodle crust. Top with meat mixture. Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and bake until melted.
Its really yummy and easy!!
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Great idea girl! I was actually thinkin that we should have a recipe exchange...my ward does that over email, sends it out to all of the ladies in the ward...It's a lot of fun to share recipes...because it's fun to try new things and it helps when you are in a rut and want to try something new! I love trying new recipes!
Your noodle pie sounds yummy - I will have to try it. Here is my recipe:
Joy's Yummy Pizza
Combine in cup:
1 cup warm water
1 Tbls. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
Combine and mix in Bowl for crust:
2 1/2-3 Cups Flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. olive oil (or any oil)
Add yeast mixture
Roll out and spread onto pan. I use a pizza stone but any pan will do. Put any toppings on you want then bake at 425 for 13 minutes. I like to broil it for 1 minute to make the top crispy. Enjoy! Really easy.
Great idea Evelyn!
Here's mine:
Chicken and Rice
In a bowl: melt 1 cube margarine and add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of celery soup, 1 can cream of chicken soup. Add 1 1/3 cups uncooked rice to the soup mixture.
In baking pan: spray with oil, put 6 chicken breast(or however many you like to use). Pour soup and rice mixture over the chicken breast. Cover w/ foil. Bake 350 for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. Takes a while to bake, but super easy!
Also BBQ Chicken
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup oil
1 12 oz. can 7-up
dash garlic salt
Mix all and marinate in fridge over night. BBQ on grill or we use our George Foreman. We usually eat it with a baked potato...scrumptious!
angi, that made me smile! that is so awesome that you still make that in your own family!!!! that is my all time favorite that my dad makes and it is still just as good as it always has been:) i can vouch for the yumminess! thanks for the credit (on behalf of my dad of course!) i'll have to tell him, he'll love it:):)
Post a Comment