Monday, July 10, 2006

Summer Time And The Livins' Easy...

I love summer! Lazy summer evenings...Spur-of-the-moment barbeques....Veggies fresh from the garden (If you can get to them through the weeds!;) )....And fresh squeezed lemonade! Yum! One of the best things about summer is keeping it simple. I recently discovered an easy way to make lemonade with that fresh squeezed taste, with out all the squeezing. Mix 1 1/2 cups Real Lemon lemon juice and 1 1/2 cups sugar with 2 quarts water and 2 cups ice. Then add 1 whole lemon, sliced; and 10 large mint leaves or small sprigs of mint (This really gives it the fresh taste.) Stir and Enjoy! This is such a great use of the Real Lemon juice, which you have to buy in that qiant bottle. I rarely use a whole bottle in regular recipes before it expires. A note on the mint, too....Mint is the easiest herb to grow. So before you go to the grocery store and pay a high price for a tiny piece, run down to your local garden shop and buy a small plant for the same price. Mint is a perennial so it will come back every year. And don't worry about picking it almost clean. As long as you leave a couple leaves it will be fine. Just make sure you plant it in a pot or other contained space because it spreads like wild fire! Anyways, I hope you are all having a fabulous, EASY summer!

3 comments:

sherrie said...

now that sounds refreshing, especially in this hot weather! yesterday it was 100 degrees...i need to get out of here.

Michelle said...

what a tasty treat! it is nasty weather here too - only 88 degrees but 100 percent humidity! this will hit the spot.

enickel said...

Well, I never thought I would hear Sherrie getting sick of warm weather! I guess it can get to anyone. It is nice to be back in Washington where I don't have to worry about sweating all day long! Thanks for the recipe, I can always use more of those!