Thursday, February 15, 2007

SAD- Singles Awareness Day

Though I think all of us are married, I just wanted to take a minute to give homage to those who suffer through Valentines Day alone.... we've all been there. :(..

Okay, now I'd like to hear every one's romantic tales of Valentines. This year as my turn to be in charge, and boy was that fun. I snuck a table, two chairs, candles, silverware, cards, presents, flowers and the lot into the back of the van. OH, and my guitar.

We took the kids to grandma's and then I directed my husband to outback, where our take-out was hot and ready. Then we proceeded to a large acreage that we have hunted pheasants on. On the top is a stunning view of the lake, mountains, and Boise valley.

We set up there, lit the candles, wrapped up in coats and blankies, listened to the numerous pheasants cackling in the long grass around us and had a yummy, romantic dinner.

After dinner I pulled the guitar out and serenaded my husband with a little diddy I wrote for him like I did on Valentines 11 years ago. (much more comfortable this time)

We exchanged cards and gifts and enjoyed each other's company, it was great!

If only it would've lasted longer.

Okay, what did you guys do?

10 comments:

sherrie said...

how romantic! that's a good idea to switch who's in charge - take the pressure of the hubby eh? perhaps i'll pretend i didn't hear about that idea. just kidding.

neil was very sweet and created a treasure hunt for me when i got home from work. (he even burnt the edges of the clue cards hahahaha) he had me all over the place figuring out clues in search of my treasure. (the clues were even written in pirate - i think he's on a pirate kick cause he just got through reading treasure island)

anyway the treasure ended up being in my grandma's old blanket chest (the treasure chest). it was really sweet!

and of course i got him a few goodies, but i just handed them to him!

Michelle said...

lu - that truly sounds romantic. you haven't been reading the "potentially sane mother's guide," have you? it sounds just like an idea she mentions. how long have you played guitar?

sher - so what was the treasure? ;)

g.g. - that is funny, the shaved head. you'll have to spill your secret sometime.

you'll have to check out my blog for a recap of our official valentine's day...haha not quite the romantic day i was expecting, but it turned out great.

enickel said...

Lucinda, you and Brendan are way too creative for me. I wish I could be that organized and fun! Michelle, I read about your visit to the museum. How fun for you guys. Neil sure is a romantic, Sherrie. How thoughtful. Heather, we don't need to know your "secrets".

Marshall got me a gift card for itunes, which will come in handy. We had a nice night together, but you don't need to hear about that. We will go out on Friday night. I am taking him to the new movie "Breach". He LOVES those kinds of movies so that is my gift to him.

Angi said...

Steve and I went to the temple to do sealings for some family names I have been working on. What could be more romantic than kneeling across the altar from your hubby, listening to those sweet sealing blessings you received on your wedding day? Plus we added a whole bunch of my ancestors to the ward list! J/k

Anonymous said...

This thing isn't letting me sign in, sorry, it's me, Lucinda.

Mickey, I didn't read it anywhere, but it sounds like a website I need to visit. I started up at Ricks playing the guitar, later sold it for a present for Brendan for Christmas in our poor days and then awhile ago bought a new one and have been hammering away. I like it.

Heather, I think I know what it is, I'll wait like everyone else.

Sherrie, I like the burnt edges, it's not always the treasure, it's the thought and effort that I like.

Erika, did Marshall get his favorite present that is free? haha, I laughed my head off when I read that awhile ago.

I'm just glad my friends have good men that love and take care of them.

Anonymous said...

Angi,

I wanted to go to the temple, we were on a short time line, but we will go, I too thought that would've been the most romantic thing to do.

Anonymous said...

Lucinda, will you marry me? ;) Love to all on V-day!

jen bryner said...

wow, you guys go all out!! all 3 of our birthdays fall in january and february...kind of taking the thunder away from valentine's day:) i don't think we've ever celebrated it because quin is always working in some restaurant. this year though i got to work WITH him, which was fun. it was so cool to see all the couples coming in to eat their romantic meal (i served, quin cooked), watching them hold hands and take pictures...very cute! we like to save the really romantic adventures for our anniversary!! i'm glad you guys all had such sweet dates:):)

Autumn said...

I am always late on these things. Anyway Nate and i stayed home this year and had a big steak dinner with the family. We got new pillows for the whole house and $ to buy our own gift. Nate never leaves it at that though. He had little gifts hidden. We played hot and cold while I tried to find them. I got sponges, a brownie pan, and microwave dishes. He said do you get the theme? It was a clue that I was getting all new appliances. I was glad since my old, old, old models were starting to fall apart. My kitchen looks brand new. All we need is a new coat of paint in the whole house!! Nate is always good to me!! We had a wrestleing match because he was not supposed to spend more money but he always wins!!

Angela said...

I had a wonderful Valentines Day. I am totally looking forward to a vacation with my hubby at the end of the month in Orlando! Without the kids!