Sounds horrible. I think the worse thing is feeling helpless when your child is in need. I'm glad it wasn't hot out, that would've irritated me too. Glad it all worked out eventually.
I once acidentally left my 2 year old in the mini van as I went on a quick trip into Home Depot! A mean man was waiting for me by my van and was yelling at me saying how that is how kids die. I was horrified that I had actually done that and was pretty much freaking out. I didn't really respond to him as I was more worried about my child, who was fine. Well, the police called that night to see what had happened. Obviously this man called and told on me. The police was so nice as I was crying on the phone telling him the story. He belived me and I remained a free woman! That night I thought I was the worst mother in the world. Other things have happened since then, but I won't let you all know how bad of a mom I really am. ;)
E, that sounds horrible scary. I purposely left my kids in the car to run in for a second, I locked the doors, turned my alarm on and felt totally wrong the whole time. Not anymore, too many nightmares, and I don't want to end up on dateline.
i just heard THE SADDEST story about kids and cars - it's not in the same context as your stories but it's just so darn sad. if you don't want to cry don't click on the link. read the feb. 5th post. the little girl (Ava) did not live and her funeral is saturday and everyone is letting off one pink helium balloon in memory of her. Ava
4 comments:
Sounds horrible. I think the worse thing is feeling helpless when your child is in need. I'm glad it wasn't hot out, that would've irritated me too. Glad it all worked out eventually.
I once acidentally left my 2 year old in the mini van as I went on a quick trip into Home Depot! A mean man was waiting for me by my van and was yelling at me saying how that is how kids die. I was horrified that I had actually done that and was pretty much freaking out. I didn't really respond to him as I was more worried about my child, who was fine. Well, the police called that night to see what had happened. Obviously this man called and told on me. The police was so nice as I was crying on the phone telling him the story. He belived me and I remained a free woman! That night I thought I was the worst mother in the world. Other things have happened since then, but I won't let you all know how bad of a mom I really am. ;)
E, that sounds horrible scary. I purposely left my kids in the car to run in for a second, I locked the doors, turned my alarm on and felt totally wrong the whole time. Not anymore, too many nightmares, and I don't want to end up on dateline.
i just heard THE SADDEST story about kids and cars - it's not in the same context as your stories but it's just so darn sad. if you don't want to cry don't click on the link. read the feb. 5th post. the little girl (Ava) did not live and her funeral is saturday and everyone is letting off one pink helium balloon in memory of her.
Ava
Post a Comment