I posted this on my family blog, but thought you ladies might benefit from this idea as well! While browsing a favorite blog the other day, I came across this idea for a December advent. I wanted to try it out myself before I posted it, and it has truly become the highlight of our days!The way I've chosen to go about it this year is to take some of the Christmas books that we already own (and are only brought out at Christmas time), and to them add many of the books found on the suggestions in the original post. My favorite Christmas tale is pictured above. I checked most of the books out from the library to see if I like them first and then will buy a favorite or two to add to our collection every year. Then I spaced them out so that we alternate between secular and Christ-centered ones. Lastly, I've wrapped each one and numbered them, 1-24.
Each night, right before we say prayers, I let Parker open our designated book and we read together as a family. The fun part is that I've already forgotten which ones are which, so it's a surprise for me, too! I love how it creates anticipation throughout the day, and instead of feeling tired and grumpy at night (ready to have the kids in bed), the day ends on a great note. Hey...maybe I'll do this all year long!
6 comments:
What a cute idea!! I'll have to try that!!
you can find the cutest stuff online these days...sounds like a fun idea
I love the idea maybe I will do the 12 days before Christmas!
Thanks for the idea
I love you Michelle!
Hope you find some cheap wrapping paper if you decide to go all year round. :)
lol...dollar store, baby.
Post a Comment