Sunday, November 05, 2006
Primary Sharing Time
I had a wonderful sharing time today and wanted to share it with all of you! This month's theme in primary is about being grateful for all that Heavenly Father has given us. So today I talked with the kids about the things that I was grateful for and why. Then I asked them to name some of the things they were grateful for. It was so neat. Some of the kids really had some very sweet answers that really touched me. Anyway after that I handed out to each child a square piece of paper and asked them to either draw or write the things they were most grateful for. It seems that most the Junior primary drew their pictures while the senior wrote theirs along with small pictures. Anyway this week I will be putting all the squares together to make a grateful quilt. I will post a picture as soon as I get it done. The best part about today was the spirit that was there in the room and I really got to thinking how grateful I am for all that I have been given. Hope this idea helps someone out there in primary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
thank you so much for sharing that joy! it's amazing the love you develop for the kids when you serve in the primary and it means so much when you have these experiences:) I LOVE IT!!!
What a cute idea! Kids are so close to the spirit! I would love to see what they were thankful for. Thanks for sharing!
ah, too bad i didn't have sharing time last week! any ideas for this week?
Well you can still do the same idea...the whole month is about being grateful. I am doing sharing time the whole month and this week I am going to talk about being thankful for Jesus Christ. Then we will play this game I found on www.sugardoodle.net Look under primary then under their sharing time ideas. I am doing the gospel pizza game. I think it will be a way to have fun but also remember why we are grateful for Jesus Christ.
Thanks for sharing your spiritual experience--that's awesome Joy!
Post a Comment