Friday, February 09, 2007

Workout Music

Get those bodies shakin'! Since reading and posting on Michelle's last post, I have gotten the impression that many of us feel that excercise is an important part of keeping our bodies and minds movin' and groovin'! I've been trying to put some workout music on my ipod... This is my question: What are your favorite workout songs? I need some inspiration! I've been in the Ipod store looking at music to download. They have some great workout albums already put together, but I want a variety. What keeps you motivated to keep your body moving? Let's get those suggestions out, girls! Tell us what has worked for you... "The rhythm is gonna get you...."

7 comments:

enickel said...

I like High School Musical, Wicked, the old SheDaisy and Toby Keith. I am pretty sure you can make a work out shuffle on your ipod. If you just choose like 20 songs and shuffle them you shouldn't get too bored with them. Marshall does that for me so I don't know about the downloading part of it. Marshall loves the Rocky theme music. Eye of the Tiger always gets you in the mood to work it.

LucindaF said...

What's an ipod?

LucindaF said...

I was just thinking this morning about the nature of man, how it's necessary for us to have the same lessons repeated in Sunday School, how we read the same scriptures over and over. I think weight loss, or eating right, or living right, whatever we want to call it, is like any other truth we know. We need it to be renewed within us every once in awhile. We all get off track even with things we may have had a strong testimony about for a very long time. So maybe we shouldn't be so discouraged when we get off the diet trail every so often. It's just part of our nature, we forget so easily. I just want everyone to be nice to themselves and think like President Hinckely, if we don't do so great today, just do a little better tomorrow.

sherrie said...

eye of the tiger - good one.

Michelle said...

I like anything with a great beat. some of my faves are:

Knight's Tale soundtrack
INXS
Janet Jackson
Dave Matthews
Lenny Kravitz
U2

I also love punk music, but you have to be careful and choose ones that don't have explicit lyrics. Have fun!

Angi said...

This has nothing to do with working out, although I should be. But I was wondering how I can post things on here again. Ever since they changed the blogger site to gmail, this blog doesn't come up as one I can add to. Anyway, let me know, Michelle!

Angela said...

My suggestion is Google Dance Dance Revolution Songs. I have DDR for our XBOX, complete with Dance Pad. I love the songs. They really get me movin! Unrelated, we also bought a Karoke Game, complete with a Mic. for XBOX. We have had friends over and even brought it to a ward social. It is a blast! So for any of you who have a hubby with a Video Game System, who says you can't have a little fun too? ;)