Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy 29th Kelly!

I'm not always the greatest at remembering birthdays, but there's no forgetting my sister's entrance into this world! I remember that day like yesterday; when she was born, she was going to be HEARD! She came into the world singing a Broadway song and a big smile on her face. She hasn't stopped since.

Okay, I don't remember a thing about that day 29 years ago, but I think of songs and smiles and strong convictions when I think of Kelly. She is a doer, and I am privileged to call her my sister! She is an amazing mother. In the face of trials, she looks at them straight on and goes at them with faith and force! She has supported me through many times....the trauma of Craig coming home from his mission and not even being able to talk to me, being a major reason I even made it through the "newborn" stage of my children's life, and helping me be proactive about my own life when I feel frozen from fear or fatigue!

Kelly, you are a great example and support! I love you forever!

I'm sure many of you have memories...a story or a thought...that you would like to share about this great woman! Bring em on! We want a trip down memory lane!

29 forever!

17 comments:

sherrie said...

happy bday kelly! i remember you always loving to sing. i especially remember you when you sang in the greater than us all program back in the day. it was awesome! when i think of you i always envision your big smile that was alway there. thanks for being you ;)

Michelle said...

happy birthday, kelly! enjoy this last year...while it lasts! i remember you always being the life of the party. always laughing and happy! even now when i see you, you have a great outlook on life. hope you have a great day.

enickel said...

Kelly, I have always thought of you as a little sister. However, you have taught me a ton through your great example. What a wonderful thing to be remembered as a happy person! You seem to always have a smile and you help all of us to smile along with you. I hope you enjoy your special day and you get to put your feet up and relax.

christine said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! For some reason a memory I have of you is being a doo wop girl at Timberline's production of Little Shop of Horrors. If I remember right you had a killer 'beehive do' that night.

Joy said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! You are so wonderful...do you know you are the one who saved me in high school. I never told you this before but I had a really hard time moving there from Colorado. I think I was pretty close to being really depressed. Then you swooped in and took me to my first Lacey Stake dance and then later made me try out for my first musical. For both those things I will always be grateful. You are such a woderful women and I am grateful to call you one of my friends. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, it's so cool that we're the same age! I just have to ditto what everyone has said, you can sing and dance, and so many other things. Glad you had a good birthday.

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly! You share it with my nephew Turner now, not that I'd ever forget it though! Glad you had a good one.

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! Even now, when I hear the song "You're the One that I Want" from Grease, I think of you and your skit, when you tried out for ASB. That was so creative.
And while I'm at it, Happy Birthday Carolyn! My memory of you, is of you wanting Veggie Burgers at Girls Camp. I didn't even know what they were. :) You are special and unique.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, we've shared many a memory old friend. Girl's camp, sleep overs, temple trips, stake dances...those were the days. Hope you had a great day and hope we can always keep in touch!

Autumn said...

I always remember Kelly for her strong testimony and she could always make me cry when she sang. Carolyn I remember the phase of not sitting on chairs. The crazy things we do when we are young!! Happy Birthday to you both. Who doesn't like to celebrate life!!

Chanda said...

Kelly-as Joy said, I think it was the 2nd day we had moved to Lacey and you and Carie brought Autumn and I to a church dance. You also were the first ones to take us to a cheap movie downtown. That was exciting!! You have always been strong. Stop being so hard on yourself (high school). None of us were so great back then. And you weren't as bad as you think you were. We have all had to grown up and change. You were just strong and new what was right and weren't afraid to say so. Don't feel bad for that.
Carolyn-Sometimes I wondered about you and some of the things you wanted to experience(not shaving for a few months)but you were never afraid to talk about what you were interested in even though you knew it was not mainstream. We had some rough times at Ricks but good times too. I am so glad that we both married ourselves some good guys who hold the priesthood and we did so in the Temple. I'll never forget living with you and working at Arbys with you and having Math and English together. Not that I lasted very long in either of those classes. I loved how we could just start your car up with a butter knife. Going to Silver Star Mountain with your family for a spring break ski trip was always fun. I want to go back there one of these years. You ladies are both strong and wonderful. I am a little bit of a better person for knowing you both.

jen bryner said...

seems there are a lot of memories of you being right there to welcome new girls into the ward....you were there for my sister and i too! rich came and invited us to a hockey game and you were in the car when he picked us up...i looked at you and you were so cute with a ribbon in your hair, all put together, and i thought "i'm not good enough to be her friend" but you were always so friendly and sweet:) you made it easy to have fun! not to mention you were a great 'mom' in "christmas carol"!! that is still my favorite show from high school. good times. ;) so happy birthday!! clearly you're a special person with a great gift for friendshipping. thanks for being there for all of us! love ya!

Angi said...

Kelly, we had so many fun times together. Sleepovers (tons) and stake dances, Girls camp (Adam and Eve). Remember that night me and Melinda and Jenny? were spending the night at your house and we were sleeping out on your basketball court and there were all those Junebugs everywhere. We were trying to kill them and Jeff came out and threw something at us that looked like a Junebug and we all screamed. It ended up being a waded up piece of duct tape or something.
Carolyn, I will always remember when we were little and we went to that Scripture Chase together and were singing to the tune of Battle Hymn of the Republic, "Cary, Cary, Cary, Cary. Angi, Angi, Angi, Angi. I like Cary (Angi) very much. Dum, Dum, Dum, Dum, Dum, Dum" (I don't remember words for that last part):)
Anyway, Happy Birthday! My 2nd 29th birthday is coming up soon!

Jenny G. said...

Okay, this is so late, but Happy Birthday Kelly! I was always so.....jealous because your birthday was before mine and you got to do all the cool stuff (like date)! I was thinking of what my first memory of you was and it takes me straight back to the Eldredge's house right after I had moved in the ward. Here was this beautiful girl with the most georgeous long blonde hair I had ever seen. And remember those bubble necklaces? I had never even heard of those before, but I knew that I had to have one so I could be like you! Thanks for being such a good friend and taking me in as well!! I will never forget about our boy battles ...Greg..Collin...oh the drama! Anyway, I wish in a way that I could be back there and share being moms together, I think that would be so much fun! I hope you had a beautiful day, Happy Birthday!!

Carolyn said...

I just remembered this Kelly-- remember right before I moved to Berlin painting the bike? And the blue paint in your lawn??? I think you said it took a long time for that sucker to disappear!

Carolyn said...

Oh yeah, and if you have a photograph of us hugely pregnant together at your baby shower, I would love a copy! I remember I was wearing pink and having a girl and you were wearing blue and having a boy.

christine said...

So I guess this means a year or so now till you both hit the big 30. I remember when I was in my 20's thinking oh my gosh 30 is so freaking old but now that I'm 30 something I really prefer it! have enjoyed reading everyone's memories of each other. :0)