So it's officially been one full year since I had my darling brunette, Rose, or at least it will be at 8:18 this evening (I invite you all to read Rose's birth story on my blog, which I just posted a couple days ago), and I've come to the sad realization that I am still 10 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. The temptation of chocolate is just too much for me, I guess. I have no self control. None at all.
So, I decided, I have a jogging stroller and I shouldn't be afraid to use it! I'm going to start walking today, and will start biking on the weekends with my family. .
I'm also going to reach for some carrots when I'm getting snacky, instead of reaching for brownies.
I'm getting hungry for breakfast now. I think I'll have cupcakes.
D'oh! I mean, whole grain pancakes.
With lots of syrup on top.
D'oh! I mean fresh fruit!
There, that's better. Hopefully I can keep it up so I can loose these last few pounds!
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh carolyn, yer amazing! i loved this post, it was so funny and inspiring:) good luck with the plan to change your eating habits, YOU CAN DO IT! have you tried carob instead of chocolate all the time? i lurve chocolate...mmmmm....berry goot stuff:) i suppose we can't let chocolate have control over us any more than alcohol or drugs. it would be quite empowering to be able to say 'no' to the things we're supposed to!!!! love ya:)
it's never too late to start eating healthy. glad to see you are making the effort! it's sssoooo worth it.
Post a Comment