Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Michelle...

I was just wondering how your weight loss is going? I haven't seen you post about it in awhile. I've just started my own excersize routine and I'm setting some new eating habits for myself. I'm hoping to lose 25 lbs by Thanksgiving. That will get me to my pre-child weight (not pre-marriage!!). If I meet that goal, my husband promised me a trip to Ikea in Chicago (its the biggest in the world!!) so I'm pumped!! Hope you're doing well!

10 comments:

Heather said...

I've been wondering the same thing. I like to hear all about how everyone is doing and I love all of the recipes. I'll be joining the weight loss group at the end of October, when the baby is born. It stinks to be going up instead of trying to lose.

Jenny G. said...

Amen to that Heather, I am due October 1st. How fun! I'm just trying to watch my calorie intake for now. Eat the good stuff, but I feel like I am constantly eating. Ya Michelle, keep us updated :)

jen bryner said...

i would definitely like to hear how things are going with all who are dieting/exercising right now!! what are the stats? i need to get on the measuring thing, i'd like to see my progress in that area. i've only lost 3 pounds since my food change.

AND, i can't believe NO ONE has a comment on my post!! there are no ideas for bridal showers???? that's crazy! HELP!

Evelyn said...

Thats a good thing about being pregnant...the only time when the scale is supposed to go up!

Anonymous said...

Well, I was in on it with Michelle, so I'll post my progress. When we started my goal was 10 pounds, and my super-goal I think was 15.
I've lost 11, so I guess that means I met my goal and am on my way to my super-goal.
I'm just trying to have time to eat. I can't really attribute it to much of anything as of late, it just keeps coming off little by little. I haven't measured myself for awhile, but I'm down to a size of pants I haven't put on in a LOOONG time, and they fit quite comfortably. Time for a new wardrobe I guess.

enickel said...

Great job Lucinda! I was doing so well and then went on vacation and then got sick. I started up again today after seeing a picture of myself that was taken this week. I still need to lose at least 10 lbs. Good to know we all are struggling together, except Lucinda who exceded her expectations! You go girl.

sherrie said...

yeah michelle, i've missed your weekly updates! they say accountability is great motivation... keep it up ;)

Joy said...

I was really super strict with my diet/exercise leading up to my sister wedding which took place last week - lots of fun by the way. Anyway I was really careful with what I ate and how much I exercised. It was pretty disappointing because I even bought a scale so I could see progress. I went down 1 pound...then went to the wedding ate lots of good food...then went to Disneyland for two days and ate more good food, came home and weighed myself and I still weigh the same! Forget dieting I am just going back to the old plan. Eat and enjoy myself and exercise mon-fri.

Carolyn said...

I need to get on my sister's diet plan. She eats as many fruits and vegetables as she can stuff in her face in the daytime and allows herself to eat anything she darned well pleases at night. A whole pint of Ben & Jerry's? You betcha! An entire bag of pringles? Why not? She always looked and felt better when she was on that diet plan. The secret is, you're so full of fruits and veggies that you have no room for a ton of snack foods, so you really never go overboard.

I got a double jog stroller today (I posted about this and my other great garage sale finds on my blog) so I'm planning on having daily walks with the girls now. This will also hopefully keep my butt from a becoming victim to a gradual expansion process.

Gosh I wish I were pregnant again. I love being able to eat a lot and gain weight. Pregnancy treats me well and I absolutely love it. Darn that goal of no positive pregnancy tests in 2007!

Angela said...

Good job Lucinda! I agree with Erika, all I have to do to get motivated is to see a picture of myself (particularly from my sister Liz's wedding--Yuck!). As far as my progress, I have been working out at Curves an average of 2 times a week, I play in my Soccer Game once a week, plus I try to get out to the park or walking. I haven't lost any pounds recently, but I see changes and I feel great!