I've been feeling very grateful lately. We've had a hard 6 months. Charles lost his job, we moved across the country, my father in law passed away, we had a baby and we've been living with family since Christmas. Any ONE of those things is difficult to deal with, so dealing with ALL of those things has been a challenge.
I've tried really hard to figure out the lessons that the Lord has wanted me to learn through all of this. I've come up with two so far: First, that the Lord's time is not my time. I can only see so far ahead whereas He can see the whole picture. So patience. Second lesson, I need to have a complete and whole trust in the Lord. As long as we, or I, am doing as much as I can he will take care of the rest. He knows our problems and he is the only one who can fix them entirely. I have to remember that there IS a light at the end of the long tunnel, even if I can't see it yet!
Charles's internship had ended. Money was getting even more tight. We felt very strongly that we needed to live in Illinois, where my mother in law lives, but we just didn't know how to do it. Having Charles commute 70 miles every day to find a job was crazy. We've been very worried about his mother (since her husband passed away). And it was SO time to move out of my brother-in-laws house. Things were fine, but it was getting strained and the kids were, well, I think they were just tired of each other. Things were all around bleak.
And then his mother offered us her entire basement. It has solved so many problems. She needs the company and the help around the house, which we are more than happy to give. The kids have more space and no other kids around. They absoulely love being around grandma. Charles isn't commuting any more. He has actually found a temp-to-hire job that starts on Tuesday. It isn't the perfect job but it is something. All of us, the kids included, are so much more relaxed and happy. Its been such a blessing for everyone to be here. Since we are now in the town we will live in for a few years, I can find Joe a preschool and we can settle into the ward (which is the ward that Charles grew up in). We even have friends here!
We still have a long road ahead of us. Who knows what will come of this job Charles is starting. Our plan is to be in our own place by August, but we'll just have to see.
Its just nice to finally feel like we are making progress again. We've tried so hard to just do what the Lord wanted us to do and finally, things are looking a little brighter. My testimony has gotten stronger because of all the trials we've faced the past 6 months and I'm grateful for that.
Thanks for letting me ramble.
Friday, May 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Evelyn your an inspiration!! Glad things are looking up!!
Wow,Evy....you have really been through a rough time! I think it is incredible how much we can handle when we have a strong testimony...your attitude is truly inspiring! Hope everything continues to improve for all of you!
Post a Comment