Thursday, May 17, 2007

How to calculate your age by chocolate.

  1. Determine how many times a week you eat or want chocolate. It must be a number between 1 and 10, including 1 or 10.

  2. Multiply that number by 2.

  3. Add 5 to the previous result.

  4. Multiply that by 50.

  5. Add 1757 if you've had a birthday this year. If you haven't had a birthday this year, add 1756.

  6. Subtract your birth year.

  7. You'll end up with a 3 digit number, the first digit (in the hundreds place) is how many times a week you eat or want chocolate (the number you specified in the first step). The next two numbers are your age.

12 comments:

Angela said...

Actually I came up with a 4 digit number, 1028, I picked 10 and my age is 28. It did work. Cool!

Carolyn said...

Angela, I had a 4 digit number, too. :) And truly I want chocolate about 100 times a week. As long as it is dark and delicious.

mmmmm... chocolate.

jen bryner said...

i must have done something wrong...it did NOT work. i picked 2 and it gave me a crazy answer...i'm going to try and calculate again, i swear i passed my math classes!!!

jen bryner said...

hehehehehe....my math was correct, i just skipped the step where you add 5! my problem is jumping ahead, not calculation:) cool trick. carolyn, i'm with you, the darker the chocolate, the better...mmmmmmmm

christine said...

LOVE CHOCOLATE--must be Dark and a lot of it.

Anonymous said...

Did we used to like dark chocolate when we were kids? I thought I remembered trading away those chocolates at halloween and now I enjoy dark. Getting older.

Carolyn said...

Lucinda, I think there is a milk-dark switch that happens sometime in early adulthood. Because I hated the special darks in my Halloween bag and now I can't get enough. My 2 year old hates dark chocolate but loves milk chocolate. I think it is a maturing taste bud thing.

Keri_B said...

The best thing about dark chocolate is that no one else in my house will eat it, I don't even have to hide it!

jen bryner said...

so are we saying we ALL love dark chocolate more than milk? how interesting....
kids generally don't like things that are strong in flavor. the older we get, the more we appreciate all the flavors out there and we like to have flavors intensified for more enjoyment...like DARK CHOCOLATE!! bring it on baby...

sherrie said...

i guess i'm the odd one out of this conversation, i like milk chocolate and avoid dark chocolate like the plague.

Heather said...

Milk chocolate tastes better to me if I get the expensive kind. The American chocolate isn't worth the calories. The reason I buy dark is because I can't eat very much of it at once. It is a better alternative if you have a sweet tooth and are trying to lose weight.
At least I can eat it now. As a child I wouldn't touch it.

christine said...

I hated dark chocolate as well growing up. But I've learned about the health benefits of very dark chocolate and have a little square every once and a while. Its so strong--you don't over-indulge.