Wednesday, February 27, 2008

reading, reading all the time

i know, who has time for reading??? well, i hate that question. everyone has time to read! it's whether or not you MAKE time.....and of course if you even like to read! just wondering what good books everyone might be reading these days? (aside from the BOM, because that's a standard good book and we're always reading it!) also, has anyone read the 'twilight' series? if you have good ideas for reading, let me hear them! a few suggestions from me:
1) megan whalen turner's series: the thief, the queen of attolia, the king of attolia
2) shannon hale: the goose girl, enna burning, river secrets, the princess academy
3) alice sebold: the lovely bones
4) lois lowry: the giver
5) sue monk kidd: the secret life of bees
6) sheri dew: no one can take your place
just to list a few....
also, if you really like to read and you want to connect to others and get ideas for MORE books, check out www.goodreads.com.

8 comments:

Keri_B said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Twilight series...can't wait for the next book to come out! It's great to be done with school and to have time to read things besides textbooks!

jen bryner said...

me too!!! loved it! read all three in less than a week. needless to say, everything else suffered for that week, which is NOT good. the next book comes out in august, the movie comes out in december...and she has another new book called "the host" that comes out in may that's an adult book. i don't see how it could be bad since her others are SO GOOD!

Angela said...

I honestly don't have much time to read, other than my girl's school books or reading stories to my girls for fun. So I really have to want to read a book to be able to do it and I also have to know that I can put it down. LOL! Right now, I am reading a book called "Raising a G Rated Family, in an X Rated World." It is great! I love it!

sherrie said...

loved the twilight series. i'm always reading something different. i like historical fiction and fantasy most of the time but read whatever sounds good or is recommended to me.

Autumn said...

Love , Love, Love, the twilight series. And curious who is routing for Edward or Jacob? Thanks for the book ideas. I am also a book club person always looking for new books. princess academy was great to. Recently we have read the choice by Nicholas Sparks, Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright(I Loved), and Christlike parenting by Glenn Latham. I love a good book that I don't want to put down.

jen bryner said...

edward....that's my choice. her website has some cute t-shirts too...www.stepheniemeyer.com. thanks for more ideas autumn! i wrote them down:)

LucindaF said...

I am very into early christianity and like books like "prelude to the restoration" and others that are compiled teachings of professors.

Evelyn said...

I couldn't get through the Twilight books. I lost interest in the 2nd one.

I have been reading the Agatha Christie novels. My goal is to eventually read all 80 of them.