Thursday, February 21, 2008

30 Already?

Happy 30th Birthday, Kelly! May your thirties be thirty times better than your twenties.

Thirty memories of Kelly...

1. Racing home to see who could call first
2. Do Wap Girls
3. Blue paint on the grass
4. You being the only one to notice my dad ditched the comb over
5. Flowers in The Nutcracker
6. The gang of girls in Mr. Mickelson's 5th grade class
7. Starlight Express
8. Co-Winners of the 11th grade writing competition
9. Sideswiping that car at my 16th birthday party
10. Trick or Treating
11. Letters overseas
12. My surprise going away party
13. Pregnant together
14. A Christmas Carol
15. Painting the red bike light blue
16. Carpooling to seminary all those years
17. Skiing down the road
18. Piano lessons
19. Singing all the time
20. Talking all the time
21. Playing in the treehouse
22. Playing in the swamp behind your house
23. When the swamp froze over
24. Pictures with Melvin
25. Sleepovers
26. Borrowing my leather jacket for The Outsiders
27. High School Graduation Do Wap Girl reprisal
28. Earning our YW medallions at the same time
29. Girl's Camp
30. Seeing you as a mother... it suits you so well!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Carolyn...You're so sweet! This is the first time I'm actually going to say its no fair that my birthday's first...not because I'm "older" but because you stole all my 30 things! You have a great memory, and brought back many of mine! You were definitely an integral part of my growing-up years! I may need to recycle some! I also have to say...I've felt 30 for a long time. I have a 9 year old for goodness sake...it's about time I turn 30! =) Love you!

Jenny G. said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!! I hope you had a great day! I wish I could be there in Washington so we could hang out like old times. Hopefully soon, I will make it back. I would love to see you and meet your cute little family.

Angi said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! I also have great memories of all the fun things we did together. Too many to mention. Hey, did Sis. Hyatt (I think that's her last name-her husband is your new bishop) in your ward ever talk to you about meeting me? Her parents are the new temple president and matron in our temple. They were in our ward (we got switched), but I met her while they were here visiting. :) Small world.

Elizabeth C said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! Hope it's fabulous!!

Joy said...

Wow 30! You are so young! If it wasn't for you Kelly I wouldn't have felt so welcome so fast in Lacey. Plus I never would have tried out for my first play at Timberline if you hadn't dragged me to the audition. Thanks and Happy Birthday!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!! Tell me what 30 is like! LOL! :) Hope you are doing great!