Monday, June 25, 2007

I made it!


I made it through camp, and I have to say it was awesome! I have never, okay maybe not never, since I regularly feel things intensely, but I did experience some of the most intense feelings for 4 days straight. I thought they were going to have to life flight me out of there because I was hurting so bad from laughing so hard. And then my emotions were always so close to the surface. The hikes were hard and fun, and jumping into the pools with all of our clothes on surprised the first years who watched all of these wacky leaders act younger than they were. Testimony night was the best I have ever been to, they do it in wards here. We had only 3 minor incidents to deal with, so overall, it was a blast, and I've been sleeping ever since.

Just thought I'd share a picture, these are the girls from my ward, even though I'm Stake, they had me get in it.

6 comments:

sherrie said...

uh oh look out, lucinda's at girls camp again. looks like you guys had fun. you jumped in with your clothes on? that's a switch huh? good times.

Michelle said...

reading this totally took me back to the good ol' camp days. so glad you had such a wonderful, spiritual experience, and showed those girls what's it's like to have REAL fun at camp.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sherrie, it was a switch, but since it was in the middle of the day, I thought I'd be a little more reserved. :)

Michelle, I had to give 2- 3o minute talks on the atonement and testimony to all the girls and I reminisced about our good 'ol days. It was fun.

Autumn said...

I wish I could have been a little bird on a branch watching you. I am glad you had a good experience. Those talks were awesome coming from you. Those girls probably have no idea how lucky they are.

Heather said...

You give me hope! Our camp is coming up on the 16th. I bet a big weight is lifted now that it is over and it was a complete success.
Did anyone do any pranks? Our girls are big into that. If you have any good ideas, let me know.

Anonymous said...

It is a bit of a relief Heather, but I've just turned in the names for the new Stake Camp director and assistant for next year. I'll start it all over again in August.

One ward pulled pranks all week. I thought some of the cutest ones were putting paper tp's on the cabins and moons. So they left notes and said you've been tp'd and mooned.

The funnest things probably weren't pranks, but the water fights. I brought two automatic squirt guns, you just pull the trigger and it continuously squirts. It turned out to be great defense. It was hot, so the soaking was welcomed. But they were all wetter than I was!

I felt very relaxed because I knew I had done all I could do, so let the chips lie where they may fall. Every experience can be for our good, even the hard ones.

I can barely sleep at camp, for one because I'm up laughing and talking, and for two because it feels so sweet.

I loved it, and I know how you are Heather, you will have a great time.