Thursday, November 15, 2007

Holiday Crafts for kids

Its been a long time since I posted anything! But I thought this was a good place to come for some holiday craft ideas that I could do with my kids (ages 4 and 3). One thing we are going to do next week is I will get those thin foam snowflakes (I love that foamy stuff) and let the kids decorate them and then we will string them from the front window (on the inside). In a few weeks we'll do Christmas cookies. My mother in law is going to do an advent calender with the kids, too. But thats all I can think of!

So what are some fun things you do with your kids this time of the year? I know there are plenty of you who are creative and crafty so share your ideas!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

i'm with you, girlfriend. i just bought a copy of family fun magazine to get some ideas...i'll let you know of any cute ones.

Anonymous said...

My fav for T-day is the Indian Corn. Mix Kix and fall M&Ms like rice crispy treats. The kiddos get to grab a handful and wrap around the end of a Popsicle stick, leaving a couple of inches of stick uncovered. Then tie raffia to the uncovered end and you've got delicious Indian corn! Fun to make for your treat for FHE and do the lesson on the first T-day! I may attempt to make the turkey headbands from potterybarn kids out of cheapy felt...we'll see. For Christmas, I got the cookie cutter set to do a gingerbread nativity! I can't wait to try it! My mom always did a gingerbread house with us, we just loved it!

Anonymous said...

okay, so 2 of my 3 crafts are food....but both could double as decorations if you wanted. :)

Joy said...

We are doing Pilgrim hat cookies for FHE on Monday. Anne was asking why we celebrate Thanksgiving and I thought we could learn about the 1st thanksgiving for FHE then make the Pilgrim Hat Cookies. Got the idea from Familyfun.com You can watch the instructional video in their video section.

Christmas...not there mentally yet.

Chanda said...

Joy mentioned the familyfun.com website. That is a good one. I get the magazine and they have some great ideas in the december issue which are also on the website. I am going to try some of the christmas card crafts and the candle one. Have fun!

jen bryner said...

mollie, that kix and M&M idea sounds so good! i'm sad i missed it until AFTER thanksgiving!!! guess i'll save it for next year:) family fun.com eh?? i know where i'm going now....