Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Giving Thanks!

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful holiday! The entire day is centered around gratitude, nothing commercial. So much so that I noticed the stores almost entirely skipped Thanksgiving and went straight from Halloween to Christmas! Well, I just thought I would share with all of you some of the the things I am so grateful for this year:

-My family....including incredible ancestors that paved the way for us all.
-Modern day conveniences (washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, ovens, and of course the ingenious vacuum which cleans a floor, calms a fussy infant with its white noise, and can make a fit throwing toddler run for their life. ;) )
-Medicine, jaw surgery was a real eye opener here.
-My testimony...it really is an incredible gift that I am sooo thankful for.
-My car, I spend half my time in it and it never complains.
-My childhood. The older I get, the more I realize what a blessing it was to be surrounded by so many people that loved and cared about me. Our youth group in Lacey 1st was truly unusual, and I know that now. Thanks to all of you for being such great examples to me!

I could go on, of course, but these are the first things to come to mind. Happy Thanksgiving! Anyone else out there feeling grateful?

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Do you want an honest answer, Mollie? Am I feeling grateful...no! I was just thinking this morning that this has been the worst year of my life. Isn't that an awful thought?

But, when I think about it, we have been blessed this year, too. We have a smiley, mellow and happy addition to our family. We have a roof over our heads...not our own roof, but a roof nonetheless. We're healthy. The kids are happy. Those are all important things.

Mollie said...

Evy, I had a "worst year of my life" year a couple of years ago. Though at the time I would have given anything to change my circumstances, I have to admit that I learned A LOT that year. I just want you to know that I know how you feel. And that I know better, happy times will come again!

Evelyn said...

Thank you, Mollie! I have been trying really hard lately to keep my chin up (and my faith) and not complain and dwell on the negative. And I've done well with it...I was just having a moment!

I really do have a lot to be thankful for!!