I agree with Chanda...the board has been slow! I would love to hear how everyone is doing. Seems like everyone all of a sudden turned their family blogs private and that's how I used to 'keep tabs' on everyone!
We are doing good. Great, actually. I'll do a quick sum-up of what life has been like for the last 17 months and then you will understand why I am so happy:
- Lost a job in Boise and moved in with brother in law (and his wife and 3 kids) in Iowa. We were there 5 months and at the end of it, I was barely on speaking terms with my sister in law and all the kids were at each other's throats!
- Had a baby while living there. Not something I will ever do again...have a baby while living in someone else's home.
- Charles lost his father.
- Moved into mother in law's basement (thinking it would be for a few months), brother in law still lives at home.
- Charles had a horrible job that paid almost nothing. When he couldn't take it anymore, he quit and spent 4 months looking for another job with no luck. Lots of rejection letters...not good for self confidence or the bank account!
- Instead of taking care of a husband and 3 kids, I have spent 12 months taking care of two extra adults. I do the grocery shopping, I cook, I clean. Sigh.
This whole experience has taken a toll on us as a couple, on us emotionally and certainly spiritually. I am not exaggerating when I say that every day has been a challenge. Thank goodness for a little something I like to call "my happy pills" (Prozac!), ha ha. While I can see that there have been blessings, I would not do it again. I would never have left Boise if I had known what the future was about to bring!
But finally, after months of praying, fasting and down-right pleading...Charles found a job. A good job! He is doing IT work with the local school district. Something like 6 guys working on 700 computers in 5 schools. He loves it...he comes home happy and smiling every day and its so great to see him like that. He also started grad school in January.
The job pays enough that we will finally be moving out on our own...next weekend! I can't wait!! We found a great little house to rent. All of our stuff has been in storage for 17 months...I don't even remember what I own. It'll be like Christmas unpacking! Finally...I can focus on my own little family!
I have learned some big lessons. About how my timing is not the Lord's timing, about endurance and patience, service and family. I am grateful for that.
And that's basically us in a nutshell!! So who's next?
4 comments:
Sounds like you have had a lot of stress the last 17 months but you made it. Living with other people is so hard especially when you have kids. You are a strong lady for not giving up thru all of it. So excited for you about moving into your own place! How old are your kids?
Thanks, Chanda. Joe is 4 1/2, Samantha is 3 & a couple months, Clark just turned 1 last week. How old are your twins now? They look a lot bigger than the last picture I saw of them!!
I love the picture of Clark with his chubby little face! The twins are 17 months, Sophia is 3 and Sam will be 5 in June. Hope all goes smoothly with your move.
Evy, someone was telling me about a list of something like "ten top reasons people get depressed"....and I think in the last 17 months, you have experienced not just one thing on the list, but more like most of the list! Bless you! I am SOOO GLAD to hear you are moving! That is HUGE! Wish we could be there to help on the big day, have fun rediscovering all your belongings!
Post a Comment