bekah at temple square, easter sundayhere's our update....
quin is still working at sherwood hills resort, which is too much of a drama to even get into on here! so we'll see where he's at by the end of the summer. i'm still working at home doing my medical transcription and i just started babysitting my 9-month-old niece 5 days a week. bekah is nearly done with kindergarten! holy cow. she's learning to ride her bike, how to read, how to do math, it's crazy! anyway, some of you know we've been trying for almost 3 years now (in august) to have another baby, obviously unsuccessfully! when we moved into this house (moving back to logan) we met our neighbor, who happened to be our bishop...who also happened to be an OB/GYN who specializes in fertility! i know, what are the odds. so, even though i didn't want to, i finally decided to go ahead with some fertility drugs. i tried the herbs for a year and they didn't help. i just finished a course of clomid on monday, and aside from some hot flashes, it wasn't as scary as i've heard it can be! everyone i knew that had ever tried it said they had horrible mood swings so i was nervous. i had quin give me a blessing first and things were just fine. i have to have an ultrasound done to make sure it's working and i really won't know if i'm pregnant until may 3 at the earliest, but if i'm NOT, then we do this all again. i just found out my mom and my sister both have polycystic ovarian syndrome (google it if you don't know what it is), so that's counting against me because it's hereditary. i won't know until the ultrasound if i have it as well. other than THAT, everything is great here! it almost even feels like spring:) we've had a crazy amount of snow this year. we're really happy to be back in logan, we want this to be where we STAY. hope you're all doing well!!
4 comments:
Good luck with the fertility treatments! I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hopefully you'll have a baby next year!
how old is bekah now? she's a cutie. good luck with clomid. i never did go on it cause i heard all the horror stories. hope you are successful!
thanks guys! bekah is 6 going on 25...hehehe
i didn't want to go on clomid either, but it wasn't like what everyone said it would be, so that's encouraging! i just hope it works. i'll let you know.
My sister-in-law has huge difficulty getting pregnant, like it's almost an impossibility. So we held a monstrous family fast, called everyone. A few days before the fast she went in and they said it didn't work, then a few weeks after the fast she started feeling sick, went back in and tada! She had super cute twin boys.
It was a miracle.
Fertility has never been a problem in my family. I know how I feel not being able to have anymore... it's hard for me, and I have 4 already. I'm sorry what you are going through, I used to cry every month when I knew for sure I wasn't pregnant.
I still spend all my time at church holding everyone's babies.
Post a Comment