I think my kids are getting bored. I know my 4 year old is, because he has told me! Luckily he will be starting preschool in Sept which I know he'll love.
We don't have much money and most days we are without a car. We go on a lot of walks, play in the kiddie pool, play in the backyard and on the swing set. We've also gotten library books and sometimes we let the kids pick out a movie from the movie store. I let the kids watch cartoons in the morning but then I try to keep the tv off, unless it is too hot to be outside. Then they can watch a movie.
So I am all out of ideas for how to keep them occupied! What are some fun things you do with your kids? I have a 4 yr old, a 2 1/2 yr old and a 4 month old.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ev, have you discovered "The Preschooler Busy Book"? It is absolutely the best thing to ever make its way into my house. I'll bet your library has it, and if not, it is worth the investment. Good luck!
I should add that "The Toddler Busy Book" is equally phenomenal, and most ideas work for preschoolers, too. Author of both books is Trish Kuffner.
A couple of fun "too hot outside" activities are making blanket forts over the furniture(give them some microwave popcorn, and it feels more like a hide out with snacks), making pudding pops or juice pops(pudding sets up faster), and washing the car(maybe you mother-in-laws?) Good luck!
make some playdough!! My kids can play with that for hours. It helps to play with them at first. kids love to try to cut paper with scissors and glue. Just let them cut it in little pieces and glue it.Empty Squirt bottles with water. Pipe cleaners and beads, this one is good for church also. Maybe not for 2year old. Hope that helps some. Obstacle course in the yard. We just did this for family night and all my kids loved it. I have read the books Michelle mentioned and they have great ideas, check it out.
Thanks for the ideas! I ordered that book you mentioned, Michelle! Can't wait to get it!!
Post a Comment