Tuesday, May 08, 2007
BRIDAL SHOWER
let the creative juices flow ladies....i am doing a bridal shower for a friend of mine in just 2 short weeks and i need ideas!! i want to know what you considered FUN from either your own shower or one you've gone to, and i want to know what WASN'T fun, so i don't make that mistake either! anything you can come up with will be great, but hurry :) thank you, thank you, thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I don't have any specific ideas but I always like parties where there is decent food and decorations. Have you looked on Martha Stewart's website--I know it sounds cheesy but she has really good ideas and I've used her before for when I've had parties!
I always like the question game. Ask the bride questions about her husband to be and have him give you the answers. If she gets them wrong make her eat a hubba bubba. Otherwise I hate games and like to just visit and eat good food.
At Hava's bridal shower they had everyone go around and tell what their first kiss was either the very first or with their spouses. It was fun but I would say look at who are going to be there and see if they would enjoy it. Oh the sent around a bowl of kisses and you got one if you shared.
DO NOT melt candy bars in diapers and have people guess which candy bar it is. It was gross. And quite odd to watch everyone smelling the diapers. But I did get them all right. Good nose I guess.
I like the game, two-truths and one lie, you find out some pretty funny things about people.
I'm with Autumn, I don't particularly like the games that are at pretty much every party. I do like to see the bride being put on the spot.
So, Autumn, each question she gets wrong she has to add a piece of hubba bubba to her mouth? That would be funny if they were hard questions and she didn't get many right!
Good food is also a good idea. Something easy and good is fresh rolls and chicken salad. I like chicken salad with some almond slivers, celery, and pepper. I don't really like the grapes in the sandwich. On the side is great!
Sandwiches, fruit, and a light dessert would be perfect if you are in the budget, or people are helping out. You could get friends to bring side items.
Food is a great indication of a good party. Or maybe I'm just too in to that part! That could very well be.
there's always the "can't say the groom's names" game. give everyone a cheap gold ring when they walk in and tell them the rules. then through out the shower, who ever says the grooms name, the person who heard the name being said, takes the person who said it's ring. at the end who ever has the most rings wins a prize.
I like Sherrie's idea too. I just don't like the games where we all have to stop what we are doing and sit in a circle and play a game.
I like the idea about asking the bride questions about the groom. That is a fun one. Food is important. Good chocolate is a must when women get together...I think. Have fun!
Food and presents...then just let everyone talk. I always arrive late to all bridal and baby showers so I can avoid the silly games they play. You know what women really like anyway right? Food and good conversation.
I can't remember, but I think it was at Kelly's bridal shower where we were put in groups and had to make a wedding dress out of toliet paper. That was a lot of fun. :) But I guess it depends on the age of the people there.
I agree with Angi. A lot of it is your group. I have gone to showers with an older group and they didn't enjoy the toilet paper game. Things I enjoyed from my shower: advice written on notecards then given to bride, introductions plus unmarried sharing a memory of the bride and married sharing favorite thing about marriage, etc. Also, if you are on a really, really tight budget, I think it is totally fine to just do cake, mints, and lemon water. Don't feel that you have to feed everyone, especially if it is right after dinner or something.
Post a Comment