I seriously drowned myself in chocolate fondue last week and paid the price for it on the scale yesterday. Oh well, I am proud to say that I picked myself back up again yesterday (for reals this time) and I'm doing great so far this week.
I started reading the book I mentioned earlier, "Running with Angels," and it is indeed inspiring of how one woman overcame MAJOR, unbelievable trials and morbid obesity through her faith and lifestyle changes. Awesome book.
Pounds gained: 3
Pounds to go: 46
Confessions: again, see above!
What worked for me: Probably the one good thing I ate all week was lots of great veggies and my friend's delicious hummus. I was NOT hummus fan before I tried this recipe - it's one to convert you:
Yummy Hummus
2 15 oz. cans chick peas, rinsed
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 c. olive oil
1/4 c. roasted tahini
1 t. cumin
1/2 t. salt
1 c. plain yogurt
2-2 1/2 T. fresh lemon juice
Blend it all together in your food processor and voila! Great with any veggies, pita bread, whatever sounds good.
Good luck this week!
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I turned down one of my favorites last night, and it was extremely difficult. My fam made rice krispies with m&m's for fam home evening, and the smell was horribly good.
Yesterday was an exhaustive day for me so I think my body was really searching for some energy and locked onto that smell. But I didn't budge, so I need a gold star.
I haven't lost anything per say, my scale is showing consistently in the lower numbers, which just solidifies what I have lost. I wore a pair of pants yesterday that I haven't put on comfortably for a long time.
My schedule was difficult this last week which meant only 3 days of exercise, but tried to double up on Saturday with some extra walking.
I think my eating is really starting to be a part of me now, I mean the change in eating as it has been ridiculously long since I've had any junk, and besides last night I don't really feel left out.
Keep going Michelle, I'm plugging along with you.
love hummus, will try this for sure. love chocolate fondue as well, will try that when it next comes my way for sure ;)
Michelle---absolutely adore hummus. I'll have to try your recipe. I'm a big fan of salsa too cause apparently its healthy for you as well (its just what you dip it with is the problem).
I read a lot of books when I started trying to loose weight too--its a good idea and helps with inspiration and just learning about nutrition. I just finished actually the book by Dr M. Roizen and Dr Oz (from Oprah) called You on a Diet: The owner's manual for waist management. It goes into the whole biological thing of weight gain/loss and what food does to our body and our emotions. It then gives you a plan for food which is more of a life change thing rather than a diet, it covers exercise tips (none requiring a gym--many funny enough actually yoga poses), tips to get away from emotional eating and includes loads of healthy recipes too. He focuses on not weight but waist size which apparently is more of an indicator of health risks (women should have waists under 32 1/2 inches apparently). Its one of the better weight loss books I've read (I've read a lot too) and would highly highly recommend it.
Heather--Tahini is creamed sesame seeds. Its used in a lot of Greek dishes.
Me this last week--It seems as if everything possible that could go wrong at the moment has been happening in my life these last couple of weeks. The funny thing in the past I would have been downing whole tubs of cookie dough icecream but now I hit the gym and rarely comfort eat crappy food. That's not to say that I am completely home free when it comes to comfort eating, just that its incredibly rare now. I think its fun to look back and see how much you can grow as a person. I am hoping that these rare occassions won't happen at all any more and that any time I have something naughty to eat to treat myself it will be for good reasons not emotional ones.
I am sorry to hear that things aren't going your way, Christine. It seems like when it rains, it pours. That is inspiring that you have pulled yourself out of the comfort food. That is one of my downfalls. I eat when I am bored. I have been working out regularly for three weeks now and it feels great. I have still eaten poorly, and I don't own a scale so I don't know the stats. One step at a time. Thanks for being my "support group"!
i've been doing the 'weekend only' treat thing for a few weeks now and the other night we had a girls movie night...and we traded that night for tonight (saturday) since tomorrow is fast sunday. well, when it came time to dig in to the treats, neither of us felt like having any. gold star indeed, lucinda! it's getting much easier to bypass the sweets and i'm loving how i feel!! also, for those who put any kind of stock into herbs for medical reasons, for 9 weeks i have been taking my herbs faithfully and this week, i FINALLY had a normal period!! i know, why be excited about THAT? well, it's been 18 months since i've had one. so i was very happy and will continue to take the herbs and hope they do their job to help us get pregnant!! until next week....
Post a Comment