Okay, so if you are like me, you are always trying to find good recipes that your kids will actually eat! I found one! A friend of mine gave me this great pizza dough recipe and it is too good not to share. Plus, the kids love to help make the pizza and I have this theory that if they help make it, they will eat it with less complaints!
Pizza Dough
1. Place 1 cup of room temp water in a bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups flour and 1 TBSP active yeast (OR 2/3 TBSP instant yeast). Stir until flour is moist and dough is fairly smooth.
2. Let sit for 20 minutes.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 TBSP oil and 1 tsp salt. Mix with spatula until its obvious you need to use your hands. You can add a little flour to the bowl, mixing it in until it is less sticky.
4. Place dough on clean counter and knead for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
5. Let dough 'rest' on the counter for 5-10 minutes.
6. Roll the dough into a circle. Place on a greased pan (careful not to tear dough when you pick it up). Stretch dough a bit to fit your pan.
7. Top with sauce and toppings. Bake in oven for 10-13 minutes, turning half way through.
2. Let sit for 20 minutes.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 TBSP oil and 1 tsp salt. Mix with spatula until its obvious you need to use your hands. You can add a little flour to the bowl, mixing it in until it is less sticky.
4. Place dough on clean counter and knead for 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
5. Let dough 'rest' on the counter for 5-10 minutes.
6. Roll the dough into a circle. Place on a greased pan (careful not to tear dough when you pick it up). Stretch dough a bit to fit your pan.
7. Top with sauce and toppings. Bake in oven for 10-13 minutes, turning half way through.
A few things. I don't have a round pan so we make a rectangle pizza! This recipe makes one large pizza (it feeds my family of 5) or you can make it into mini-pizzas. And the picture, that is Samantha (she calls herself "Little Chef") helping add the toppings. Let me know if you make this....enjoy!!
2 comments:
I love making homemade pizza. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll give that recipe a try too. Your cute little daughter looks just like you!
I love making homemade pizza, too. It feels good knowing I didn't pay 40 bucks for two pizza's. I do half whole wheat for the dough and it is great. I usually put a little more olive oil than the recipe calls for. I loved to help cook when I was young. I am determined to have my boys learn just as much about cooking as my girls so their wives will not despise me someday!!
Post a Comment