
I'm looking for some advice on how to be on time. I am rarely on time to things. It is really difficult to get all 5 kids ready, out the door, and then in to the place we are going, on time. We are usually 5-20 minutes late to things. I think I am a huge under-estimator of how long things are going to take. And then something always seems to come up. It is particularly difficult in the morning. I home-school, so luckily we don't have to do the morning thing every day. But unlucky, we aren't forced into the habit of quick mornings. One thing I have found that helps is to not only plan on leaving with enough time to drive there but leave with enough time to get out to the car and then get into the place we are going-- 15 minutes versus 30 minutes. Anyway, I would love to hear your tips/tricks of being on time!! Thanks ladies!! :)
5 comments:
Well, you should guesstimate how much time it will take to get the kids ready and you ready and then leave time for unexpected things, say an extra hour, and then leave early for things, and you will be early for them, instead of late. I struggle with this sometimes, but not when I leave a lot of extra time than I think it will take. If that is possible that is.
I would just time you guys getting ready on a normal day and figure out how long it takes, when you're not stressed out or anything.
I always plan on needing 15 to 20 extra minutes. It always takes atleast everyone 10 to get in the car and buckled and a mad dash back in for something I forgot. Just bring a book and you have something to do if you are early!!
set your clocks forward by 10 minutes? sometimes that works for people, sometimes not, because then you KNOW they're fast and you still are late!! i'm bad at this too, drives my husband crazy! might not hurt to talk to the older kids about being on time too, they might want to help make things easier! like being responsible for getting their stuff ready on their own the night before or just earlier in the day. if you make it important to everyone instead of just yourself or you and your spouse, you could find you're not in the struggle alone!! with just one kid though, i feel like i have no excuses for being late and probably no real experience to give advice about :) good luck chica!
Liz, Autumn, and Jen!
Thanks so much for all your suggestions!! It is helping! :)
Post a Comment