Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Motherhood...
I've just spent the better half of my day at my sister-in-law's house. She has just been given between 2 weeks to one month to live. She is nearing the end of her battle with breast cancer and the cancer has won. She has 2 young sons. There is nothing she would not do or give to have more time with her children....to have more time to be a Mother. Motherhood in my mind is a shear joy. It is the sacrifices along with the fun that make it a JOY. Joy is different than happiness. Joy is the satisfaction found after doing something hard, but worth it. I look at my sweet, loving sister-in-law, and find so much inspiration. I look at my children and find courage to become a better person. My feelings toward motherhood at this time in my life are incredibly tender, in fact almost sacred to me. I just wanted to clarify why I whole-heartedly support Sis. Beck. I believe her talk was inspired and incredibly timely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I agree with Mollie about Sis Becks talk...I loved it so much that it was the message that I shared last month with my visiting teaching sisters. Mollie, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers in the upcoming weeks.
I can't even imagine that. I too will pray for peace and comfort for the family. Motherhood is a gift that I don't want to take for granted. Time to go and put the little one down for her morning nap. How blessed I am!
Oh, Mollie! Something like that really makes a mother slow down and think! It makes runny noses, demands for juice and bedtime drama all okay. And it really makes the simple smiles, I love you's and hugs wonderful.
Hmmm, I'm sorry Mollie, this must be a very hard time, I'm sure she is praying for one last Christmas morning with her family.
My heart is with you and her, her husband, her children, and family.
There are no words... just tears.
Oh my goodness! This brings me to tears and I don't even know her. I can't even imagine what you are all going through!! Both Grant and I are so sorry for you and Karlin and his family. We will definitely pray that she will be able to enjoy as much time as possible with her family. Is there anything we can do for her or Karlin's family???
It is so wonderful to have the knowledge that we are so blessed to have from the gospel. I just can't imagine what you are all going through, but I do feel so blessed to know that your sister in law and her children can be reunited someday. How much harder this situation would be for them without this knowledge. I of course am assuming that they are members but I don't know, but I know that you (mollie) know these things. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.
OH THAT IS SO HARD. OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOUR FAMILY.
The thing i have learned about death and dealing with disease is that it is hear to teach all of us something. Life is short our time here is precious. I hope your sister in law is blessed with a little more time. It is always harder when someone young dies and does not get a complete life. You'll have to remind her of all the great things she has done for you and everyone around her and remind her how loved she is. Even though I complain alot. I love being a mother. It would be hard to leave my sweet boys. My heart goes out to her and those who care for and love her.
sorry to hear your news, mollie. sheesh it really puts things into perspective. my thoughts and prayers go out to your family!
Post a Comment